1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just plain embarrassing! I’m sick of this.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Rockets Rule

Rockets Rule Contributing Member

1) Maybe they should work out a deal with local restaurants to give a discount package......
    2) Have a deal where unfilled seats can be forfeited by the half and people can be on a list eligible for a FREE upgrade based on where they are on the "wait list" party of one, party of two, party of three etc. and fill in the lower bowl... each consecutive game ticket holders could get lower and lower for that "courtside experience" prize pack. Charities, underproviledged yourh, and foster familes could be given priority etc....

How about an electronic seat monitoring system like they have in parking garages (on a mich smaller scale - say the size of a quarter) that can tell if a seat is occupied or not.. and how long vacant. Sell seats to "true fans" not "occasional" fans or companies.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

What's a wanda?

LorneMalvo likes this.
  3. aroundtheblock2

I don't know if thats necessarily true, and I think the younger generations today have grown up on LeBron and now Steph Curry. I was even at the park about 2 weeks ago and I saw a woman with 2 kids running around, first kid had a LeBron jersey, the other kid had a Steph Curry jersey.

4. macan

macan Member

the crowd is just pitiful..feels like a crowd belongs to a tanking team...

s3ts and RasaqBoi like this.
  5. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

We sell the best house seats to businesses so it’s the ppl coming in late from work.

Prices are high bc businesses can spend on those seats to entertain their clients. They get to write it off as an expense too which acts like a coupon so they can really pay more for each seat than a retail buyer would.

6. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I like when Bullard throws out cool stats.

7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Thats just wrong...
    Granted, I'm old... but I used to go watch the Rox beat up on the Clips for like $15-$20... Last time I saw the Rox was in dallas like a year ago - I think those were like $50.... $175 for nosebleeds is waaaaay outta line...

8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Prices have nothing to do with this, people aren't showing up to games.
    Hopefully fertitta will fix this in the off-season.

9. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

If they want to fix it, they should sell those tickets that aren't used at quarter of the price.

10. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

And I paid 60 bucks for box seats in Dallas last night.

Maybe Houston should work on increasing its density, specially downtown.

11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Tickets are too expensive just cuz this game on ESPN. Probably the highest of the tiers in pricing, but who’s gonna pay 100 dollars a ticket for nosebleeds when the spurs announced before game Kawhi, Manu, and Aldridge were all not playing.

NBA is in a weird spot, I use to get Mini plans to watch certain teams, but players like Lebron would give you a DNP rest. Or someone in Rockets would get hurt be out for the year. It’s too much to commit to buying tickets before hand for and not see the players you want like tonight.

I checked prices and considered going until I saw how much they were. I can’t afford to take a family of 5 to more than 3 games a year might as well save it for Playoffs.

cheke64 likes this.
  12. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

better than 15,000 empty seats.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Games need to start at 7:30, not 7. It's too early. I've thought this for years. Maybe Tilman will make a change next season. I hope so.

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

All those empty seats are sold. The people just haven't shown up.

15. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

The playoffs better be insane crowd-wise. I'm not expecting anything too crazy like Staples Center in the early 00s, Seattle in the mid-90s, or OKC in the early 2010's, but it better be above average.

This is a historically good team

16. Courts N Session

It's funny how people always post about how bad our crowd around 6:30 or 7 pm. If you looked at the arena at 8 pm tonight, it was plenty full. Then it gradually cleared out as we secured yet another blowout. For god sakes, its a Monday OP...stay late at work every once in a while and maybe you will be able to afford some upper-bowl tickets.

17. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i guess people won't want to see the rockets take on the TENTH SEED spurs lmao

18. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

Just have some nickel beer nights during the playoffs!

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Did you post this from Toyota Center?

rockets13champs likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

You really don't want to know.

LorneMalvo likes this.