1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just introducing myself before the game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LAM, Apr 17, 2001.

1. LAM

LAM Member

I've been a Rockets fan ever since i could remember when we moved here. My earliest memories of the team was when we had the backcourt with Lionel Hollins(?) and Allen Leavell and my dad took me to a game against the Kansas City Kings. Must have been in the early 80's.
    The earliest I remember CC.net was, on hearing Stinkin' Genius Arnie Spanier late one night announce in a voice that told you he couldn't believe it himself about the Rox getting Steve Francis. The first thing I did was go to CC.net to get all the details. That was a wild summer, with the Pippen trade taking up a lot of space along with all the rumors that put me to bed every night too excited and drained at the same time.
    I might never post again since pretty much anything I think of someone's already touched on, and all the cap room math games some of you guys like to play with feels like a Malone elbow to the head.
    Oh well, see you all at the last game tomorrow and let's see how long of a standing o we can give Hakeem, last game here or not.
    Thank God for Steve Francis, a legit go-to guy that Rudy T. and CD can realistically build another championship around. Many here have said it before, I think, but not a lot of other teams have BOTH a plan and realistic expectation of things to come (i'm saying this partly out of faith--this summer's a big one). Think of it as the anti-Pitino, putting pretty much all hope on getting Duncan, and didn't seem to bother with a back-up plan.
    Now I'm tangenting. No replies necessary,
    but you can pad by saying hi. See you at the game.
    LAM

------------------
    "Just give the ball to me---- I dunk on all of them!!" Akeem, the original bad boy

2. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Welcome LAM. Very good first post! [​IMG]

------------------
    The season's almost over...and I still really need that keg of Pepto-Bismol.

3. LAM

LAM Member

thanks, astro.

------------------
    "Just give the ball to me---- I dunk on all of them!!" Akeem, the original bad boy

4. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

This board is much more fun in the offseason. I can't wait until the Bull-fans start posting again... Post in the summer, and I guarantee you will enjoy this site a lot more...

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

Protrolls.com!

5. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Welcome LAM . . . great first post!!

Hope to see you posting more and more in the coming months.

------------------
    "Up and down, inside out, outside in, some you lose some you win"
    -- DMB -> "Sweet Up and Down"