1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Lucas to Host Game for Charity With NBA Players

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SidDaKid, Nov 9, 2011.

1. SidDaKid

SidDaKid Member

HOUSTON - While the NBA may be in the midst of a lockout, former NBA coach and player John Lucas told FOX 26 Sports he will host a charity game featuring a number of NBA stars on Nov. 20 at the Delmar Stadium Complex in northwest Houston.

According to Lucas the players he has confirmed who will take part in the event include L.A. Clippers forward Blake Griffin, Oklahoma City forward Kevin Durant, Washington Wizards forward Rashard Lewis, the former star from Alief Elsik and free agent guard T.J. Ford, former star at Willowridge High School and the University of Texas.

"Blake and Rashard will happen for sure," Lucas said. (Chicago Bulls guard) Derrick Rose, Kevin Durant is supposed to be coming, (Thunder center) Kendrick Perkins, T.J. Ford, (forward) Chandler Parsons with the Rockets, (guard) Jonny Flynn with the Rockets."

Lucas said all of the players he mentioned are expected to play with the exception of Rose, who will be in attendance.

"Derrick will not play," Lucas said.

"Basketball is our family business and guys have been asking about a game. So a lot of the Rockets players are going to play. We will put a list out later on this week."

Lucas said proceeds from the game will go to charitable causes.

"One of the charities will be the John Lucas Foundation, which is for athletes who have wellness problems, for them to get help," Lucas said.

"We want to also honor the high school players who have signed scholarships, that's something that we will do."

Lucas said he will hold a news conference on Wednesday to share more information about the event.

The game is scheduled for 5 p.m. on Nov. 20. :)

Read more: http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/spo...a-players#.TrpK1nAcOLE.facebook#ixzz1dDZGRw00

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I would not attend this in a million years during a NBA lockout...even if for charity.

3. alex_eg6

alex_eg6 Member

got my tix

4. SidDaKid

SidDaKid Member

Yo can you please send me the link to buy the tickets?

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Got two tickets.

6. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Do you get a refund if the lockout ends and the game gets canceled?

7. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Thats right by my house I wonder if the players will be visting Spring branch's lovely steak/ale turned SunSet Strip after the game........

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

9. Merla08

Merla08 Member

Got my tickets too. $25.00 to watch the players shoot around, sign autographs, take pictures, and then play an exhibition game is worth it to me. Plus, who knows when we'll have another Rockets game? This is better than nothing. It's like going to your own private mini All-Star game.

I also heard on the ESPN radio last night that Kyle Lowry will be playing, im not sure why they didnt list him on that website.

10. Merla08

Merla08 Member

Why? The players are doing it for charity, not for their $500k per game salary. Owners aren't involved either.

11. Htown's2kFinest

can anyone tell me how the seating will work? is it first come???

12. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

that was a waste of time. durant/blake/rashard/kendrick all were not there.