1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jerry Stackhouse sharing old fight stories in NBA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by arjun, May 22, 2013.

1. arjun

arjun Member

Amazing video..so entertaining

did not know some of these stories. haha hilarious.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xJv4b6z8ZrU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

that's pretty funny. didn't know stackhouse was such a funny storyteller. thx for posting

3. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Kurt Snyder: I needed that. Apparently, it wasn't enough.

I will always remember Stackhouse as the man who beat up Snyder and the player who averaged 30 ppg on the Pistons.

4. Hou_rox

Hou_rox Member

Didn't take Stackhouse to be the charismatic type. I hated him when he'd hit those corner threes on us alllll the damn time. He was one of the Rocket killers along with Jason Terry.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder what he's gonna do after retirement. TV work? Coaching?

6. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

He should be the "professional ESPN guest."

Any time ESPN needs to fill in some time, just bring in Stackhouse and ask him random questions about anything.

7. 95Rockets

95Rockets Member

I remember Stackhouse during his rookie year en route to scoring a lot of points for his first few NBA games ever. Similar to what jeremy Lin was doing during Linsanity.

But then I remembered he talked trash about Michael Jordan. About how MJ was getting preferential treatment from refs because of his status.

MJ heard that and outscored him 30 some to Stack's 16. Supposedly Stack was not the same. He did not permanently break like Kwame but Stack was projected to be the next great shooting guard or next superstar. He became only a borderline All Star (still pretty good but MJ sure had an impact on him).

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

:cool: story bro

9. Lakersuk

Lakersuk Member

HA! The best was the Hornacek choir boy comment

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Stack was just way overhyped coming into to college at UNC as Jordan-like from what I recall. Stack always seemed to be levelheaded and this interview pretty much shows that. He just took no crap from anybody and whenever you hear guys from his era talk about tough guys, he'll be on the list. I doubt Jordan scoring points on him had much to do with his career because I've heard in interviews Stack say that he just went along with all that hype of him being "the next Jordan" to get endorsements. lol. I remember him saying the problem with him doing as well as he did in college was that in college he was a back-to-the-basket forward for the most part, and when he came to the NBA, he was asked to be a guard, so any comparisons to Jordan were kind of screwy since they really didn't even play the same positions in college.

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

That was good.

12. YallMean

YallMean Member

Him and Grant Hill.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I may get flamed for this but: I think "Highly Questionable' is a great show when it comes to interviews. Dan Lebatard doesn't ask the conventional sports questions that we always hear every where else; sometimes twice if an athlete is making the rounds on the ESPN campus. I try to DVR the show for that reason alone. The interviews are always intriguing IMO; I always find out something new from athletes/celebs I thought I knew everything about.

you guys should search more of these HQ interviews they have had some real gems.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nZSXYMoEoeQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hkaYmGQ3UtU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I always liked Stackhouse -- enjoy him landing two bombs to the head of Hornacek in the first video.

15. Jacinto

Jacinto Member

Didn't he get dunked on by a high school kid on camera?

16. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

why would you get flamed for liking DLHQ? I like it, I just don't know why they added Bomani Jones as a 3rd host lol

17. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

awesome vid, thanks for posting

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

No doubt Stack was a baaad dude and sensible people knew not to mess with him. But I had no idea he was also articulate and funny.

Thanks OP!

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Kirk Snyder: ..I needed that...to BLEED. To FEEL again...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]