1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jerome Jordan at 14?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by TEXNIFICENT, May 17, 2010.

1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Just thought I'd ask for opinions about this kid from Tulsa. I've seen him play twice and I can't for the life of me figure out why he isn't rated MUCH higher on these draft sites.
    I saw him play and DOMINATE Hassan Whiteside during a C-USA game.
    He got post position whenever he felt like it and consistently made his jump hook. He's long and athletic and already has a go to move. Not to mention he's 7'0ft tall. (Hell Dwight “SUPERMAN" Howard could use a go to move.)
    The only negative is he sometimes gets lost in an up-tempo game and seems to lose interest (bad body language) when he doesn't get the ball as evidenced in the game I watched when Tulsa played Duke. The Blue Devils took him completely out of the game. He's only played ball for 7 or 8 years but half of that has been at Tulsa and he's gotten better each year. Plus his rebounding and shot blocking numbers are solid and despite being a little older as a prospect (23 years old) would seem to be an ideal back up.

I just don't see how he's a late 1st rounder and Whiteside is a lock lotto pick when Jordan outplayed him twice? He's needs to get stronger but so does 99% of the draft. Let's see, a big athletic center that can score in the post, rebound, defend the rim and has played 4 years of college ball? If Morey trusts that Adelman can coach him up, I could see the Rockets being interested. Could be a nice get at number 14.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

its because of his age. if he was 20 and at the same skill level he would be higher, simple as that

3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

:( If the Rockets are trying to win now who cares! We need a big who can play. And the 14th pick is almost the middle of the 1st round and if you can get a big who can play at 14 you gotta look hard at it no matter how old he is.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

They'll trade down before reaching at 14.

5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

By all means if possible but don't sleep on a 7ft prospect who could fill a need. I mean if the guy can play who'll care where he was drafted? We're in the middle of the 1st round and if you get a big who can play in the middle of the round is it really reaching? Just get a back up who can play. I'd take Jordan over Alabi (can't rebound) & Whiteside (immature). They're also prospects who are a little older than their class.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think its a great prospect you've brought up. Value, as noted, is the question. Draftexpress has him as the 12th pick in the second round....meaning Morey might be able to convince Les to buy a second rounder if he really sees something in him.

But like you, I find his size, relative lack of experience playing ball (despite his age) yet solid skill-set to be intriguing.

That said, while you can't teach size, there are also countless 7 footers drafted over the years that never sniffed any playing time, because being a true Theo Ratliff type does actually require some talent, athleticism and skill, on an NBA level. Does Jordan have that? It's so difficult to tell considering the conference he played in. As you noted, he wasn't great against Duke, but then he wasn't terrible, either. From the stat sheets, this guy was amazingly consistently throughout the year, and didn't seem to have his "bad games" against any different types of teams in particular, imo.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

14 to 32 is a giant leap. You just leaped right passed Solomon Alabi. :confused: :mad:

8. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Mrs. Jordan, is that you?

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

LOL!!!!