1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Jay-Dub] Jalen Williams

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by daywalker02, Oct 15, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

100% agree Jalen Williams is one of the most overlooked young players in the NBA. He hit the ground running in summer league last year and hasn't looked back.

I love his game and there is no doubt in my mind he'll end up a top 15-20 player.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If that is the case the Thunder with good health should be certain to win a championship then with the players and assets they have.

4. Rokman

Rokman Member

I'm really excited about the rivalrys the Rockets will be having with San Antonio, OKC, Detroit and Orlando. All 5 teams have done equally well in the last few drafts and it's going to be a lot of fun to see which team rises to the top.

roslolian and Ancient Moabite like this.
  5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

We heard that before when they had 3 future MVP winners and Hall-of-Famers on their team.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Give them Steve Ballmer and keep Presti, I would say.....is worth more than 3 MVPs.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well unfortunately OKC has a lot more going on given they already have a top 20 player in SGA and a gazillion picks.

Actually OKC has done a little worse drafting than these other teams such as drafting Ousmane Dieng but it doesn't matter since they have so many resources.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

9. Dredd

Dredd Member

Another draft pick that turned out better than Jabari.

Jontro likes this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

11. TheBeastSystem

he's going to get a big contract and then go back to his lazy ways of playing the offensive end and lollygagging around on defense. will be a terrible long term signing. mark this post and reference back to it in 5 years.

fools gold.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

They're pretty far apart if you actually watch them play.

Jalen Williams is better off the dribble and is much quicker/faster than Smith, though obviously not bigger. But basically a different style of player.

I'd much rather have Williams which is why he finished second in ROY voting. He's got the type of game that makes all star teams.

Dredd likes this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm talking about stats wise, hence why I showed their stats.

Obviously they are different type of players but both play PF right now. Williams finishing 2nd in Roy voting doesn't matter since it this THIS year not LAST year. Mobley finished 2nd in Roy voting but is clearly behind Jalen Green development wise in Y3.

As for the two I'd still rather take Jabari because he is 6'10 while JDub is 6'5...5 more inches makes him a lot more suited to the PF role. He is also a year younger than JDub so while it won't matter when they are both 27 or so right now it means JDub is gonna look more polished cuz he had spent 3 yrs in college.

#13 roslolian, Nov 11, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2023
  14. SamFisher

Their stats aren't really that close this year.

Jalen Williams is averaging 16-4-4

Jabari Snith is 13-7-1

Williams is a pretty legit offensive creator who's going to finish with 3 or 4x as many assists as Smith, who is not really that type of player at all.

It's really not even close as to who's a more impactful player.

Dredd likes this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

???? JDub has 3 more ast and Smith has 3 more rebs. The only reason Williams has "3x" is because Smith has one ast so every assist is a multiplier lol wtf. Williams is shooting 59% TS and Smith is shooting 57% TS. Their stats are pretty similar no matter what you say.

You should stop with the hyperbole that's why you say crap like Wemby is better than Embiid before Wemby even played his first real game. Remember that?

16. SamFisher

Lol, yes, one way put it is that Williams "only' is averaging 3 more assists than Smith. .

Another way to put it is that he's only averaging 4 more assists than your and my old asses.

So, between you sitting on your couch - punching out " Victor Wembanyama is manute bol DO NOT WANT " tiger king takes - and averaging 0.0 assists, and Jabari Smith Jr averaging 1.3 for his career " the stats are pretty similar no matter what you say."

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

And Jabari is averaging 3 more rebs hence why the stats are similar. Or you forget that part and only focus on assists?

I see you still haven't accepted Embiid is better than Wemby. Just admit you were way off base on that and move on, it's that simple.

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Jabari has 8.5 assists and rebounds combined. Williams has 8.4

Jabari is doing just fine. His shooting #s look nice for a 20 year old player his size playing against other starters. I presume by the time he is Williams age his numbers will be even better.

Williamson and roslolian like this.
  19. Salvy

Salvy Member

Give me Jabari all day everyday and twice on Sunday.....

roslolian and Jontro like this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

That's what I'm saying in the first place. Jabari is fine and not really that far from the no 2 in Roy voting in terms of stats. Considering his young age and greater size he is still the more valuable prospect imo.