1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Jason Friedman] Post-Practice Interviews

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HeWhoIsLunchbox, Jul 6, 2010.

Tags:
  1. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

4 people like this.
  2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Cool, Hill just said "I have to get bigger. I have to go up against guys like Dwight Howard, Shaq"

meaning

He's planning to be a 5 during the regular season.

3. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

What?? no new info on BOSH/Lebron/Wade??? PSH! 1-star thread!!!

Hahah, just kidding... good stuff! :grin:

4. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

The Elston Turner video was mysteriously removed. He must have opened the cat out of the bag about Bosh. :grin:

5. Niaperzly

Niaperzly Member

I'm quite interested to see how well Taylor shoots. He said he changed his shot, and this is the most comfortable he has ever felt.

6. 757

757 Member

Good break from this Bosh drama. I like that JT is working on being a team player and has improved his shot. I really like our guys and their work ethic, all of them mentioned multiple times just working hard and wanting to get better each time they play.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Are they getting ready to form a player caravan to kidnap Bosh from his Dallas home?

8. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Bud has those crazy, hardly ever blinking, wild man eyes.

9. worzel gummidge

Recap on the Elston Turner video?

Chase said, "...with me, Jordan, and Jermaine out there"

10. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Posted the thread before I attempted to watch it. Not sure it was ever working.

EDIT: It's working now.

11. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

The thought of a hot shooting team oriented Jermaine Taylor is making me salivate!

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yeah, for summer league.. and bench...

13. txtodd

txtodd Member

I like JHill at the 5. He was decent in several areas last year, but the only PLUS area I saw was speed, which becomes an even bigger advantage playing against 5s.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

the kid has skills and when he's got experience, it's going to be sick. :grin:

15. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

You know, the great thing about the Rockets is even if we don't come up with Bosh, I'm just as excited going into this season to watch these guys develop. There doesn't appear to be a slacker in the group.

Jordon Hill - very impressed with his work. You can see the maturity and determination in his voice. There's no telling what that kid will become.

Pat Patterson - this dude is nails. He's intelligent and a hard worker on top of skills and athleticism. Look out NBA. He's gonna shock some folks and outplay a lot of guys drafted before him.

Chase - what can you say about this kid? If we had to trade away Kevin Martin, I wouldn't have a problem plugging him in at shooting guard in Martin's place. And frankly, he was the best small forward on our roster at the end of last season. I still say he's the best SF we've got.

Jermaine - kinda exciting to see a guy talking about improving his jumper. We already know he's got good defensive ability. And now he's talking about seeing the other guys on the floor, involving his teammates, and shooting the ball better.

I like 'em all. I don't think we should give away all four of these guys for anybody. And I really don't care if we don't trade any of them. Their trade value is going to balloon up this season even further, especially playing alongside Yao, Scola and Martin. In fact, I'm almost inclined not to trade any of them and just let these big shot free agents roll on down the road, and wait until midseason when we can possibly sell one of them in a deal with our expirings to net us CP3 or someone equivalent to add to the rest of them.

Morey is doing a great job. He gets rid of the knuckleheads early and let's the winners develop.

2 people like this.
  16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

If Taylor develops a good shot, he could grow into a Jason Richardson type of player. That would be sweet!

Thats one of the things I like about Adelman teams. Even back in Sacramento he had Gerald Wallace sitting on the pine waiting to get his shot. Maybe we have something great in Taylor.

1 person likes this.
  17. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Well said. My sentiments exactly

18. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Jermaine Taylor going to be the most improved player this next season even though I hope its Jordan Hill because we need him to be.

19. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

nah he is just so pale is eyelids are translucent

20. ezzie

ezzie Member

i love this group of guys, all-stars in the making (IMHO)
    :grin: