1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden for Under 25

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dirty Deca, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Dirty Deca

Dirty Deca Member

The Rockets should be focusing on players under 25 that are proving themselves to have the possibility of becoming players you can build your franchise around going forward.
    Ben Simmons (24 yrs old signed to 5 yr deal until he is 29)
    Devin Booker (24 yrs old signed to a 5 yr deal until he is 29 )
    Jamal Murray (23 yes old signed to a 5 yr deal until he is 28)

this is just a few examples of players we should be focusing on young superstar potential you can build a team around and are under team control for 4-5 + years

We need to remember James Harden is a MVP and have finished 2nd for that reward for 5 years. He is one of the few players that you put on a team and he can carry them to the playoffs. He is a generational type talent that most franchises have never had the opportunity to have.

Trading Harden for solid role players and mid first round picks is not the way for our franchise to have continued success going forward. Lottery picks are always a gamble on how the players will develop and turn out is 50/50.
    I understand the frustration watching our franchise player who we have defended at every turn. The same player who we have given the keys to and let call every shot decide that our organization and players are not good enough for him to compete. If the relationship is unrepairable let’s get him out but we as a franchise need to wait to get the best deal for our franchise not the most convenient or easy route.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Suns aren't trading Booker and Harden isn't going to play with CP3 again so I'd cross that one out.

I like Murray, Simmons is there obviously, I'd add Jaylen Brown, Adebayo. Siakam is 26 but he's interesting.

Guys from teams who are unlikely to be interested - Ingram, Mitchell

Guys with potential - Hero, MPJ

3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

So you have the same take as 99% of the board?

4. Dirty Deca

Dirty Deca Member

Have you read this board lately people here are actually trying to convince everyone that the poo poo plater offer from the Nets is a good deal. So many posters here just want to see JH gone and that we need to take the easiest offer on the table.

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised at some of these crazy takes with all the LOF’s still lurking the board

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  5. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

True but unfortunately I feel like we are going to settle no matter when a trade occurs. The team trading the superstar always loses the trade...

hopefully RuhFelle has the Stones to be patient and negotiate from a position of power...

I would honestly rather lose him for nothing than take some of these poo poo platters being discussed

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

LOL!
    I was thinking the same thing

The Question is UNDER 25 but WITH HARDEN POTENTIAL that is UNSEEN BY THERE CURRENT TEAM

Rocket River

7. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

I'd think James Harden is good enough of a ballplayer to command at least a young star in return whose talent is seen by everyone plus multiple picks

Rocket River likes this.
  8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I would add LeVine to the list if we could add a solid 2nd piece along with him.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Yea. . but other teams think we are desperate.

Rocket River

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Was expecting this thread related to Harden's new girlfriend or stripper discussion according to the title.

11. BreakYoSelfFool

I wonder what we could get from the Nuggets for Harden, they have a lot of young guys with potential. If we could get Murray, Porter, and Bol Bol I say pull the trigger quick. We could even get a Clutchfans favorite like Harty or Jamychael Green.

12. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I like your list but Simmons seems the most attainable. In terms of other young players with potential that have been mentioned, Herro and MPJ, I wouldn't do a deal for Harden if Herro or MPJ was the centerpiece/headliner but I would strongly consider it if we got Herro + MPJ + multiple picks for Harden (to Miami), Tucker (or someone on the Heat like Robinson) + 1st (to Denver)? Those 2 are probably the 2 young potential stars that are attainable right now but would require full rebuild mode which I am not sure Tilman is willing to do which I don't blame him.

Build up Wall's and Cousins' value and trade them to the highest bidder at the deadline for young talent/picks or just keep them to help the young pieces grow. Would be the ultimate rebuild and you have two 2nd year players that have already showed some amazing potential and you aren't pinning your hopes on only 1 of them. The risk is minimized with 2 of them being acquired in case one gets injured and/or doesn't live up to potential, etc.

Anyways, Rockets should hold out for a ready-made All-Star like Simmons, Murray, Booker, Ingram to stay competitive or if you go full rebuild try to find at least 2 very young players (Herro along is not enough) + picks with upside to do a steady rebuild with multiple players 25 or younger that are closer to stardom than some random lottery pick.

RocketStan likes this.
  13. WiltTheStilt13

How about we get Talen Horton-Tucker :cool: