1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen > Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Mar 30, 2024.

1. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Hear me out guys...
    Jalen is absolutely amazing on defense as he is definitely not lazy like harden and switches extremely well.
    His court awareness when it comes to double teamed is mile ahead of Harden. I remember getting so frustrated when Harden getting doubled and he just stand there being lazy like a MF. If Jaden can stay consistent, the Houstons Harden is no longer my favorite player. Watching Jalen is so much more relaxing than watching harden.

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Alright guys let's settle down now. It's fun to have an 11 game winning streak with a guy that's finally picked it up, but no need to be overreactive lol

3. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

It's been 1 months of consistent basketball from Jalen.

Harden gave us 8 years of playoffs with multiple WCFs and since leaving has helped his teams make the playoffs when healthy.

Let's give Jalen time to grow and prove himself. He has potential to pass Harden but he has a long way to go

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Jalen > Harden
    ______

I don't need to hear anything else.

5. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I was one of the first people earlier this season to be disappointed in Jalen, but posts like this one are completely unfair to Jalen Green

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

we shall see if jaylen can fetch is moar than hardon when we trade him this summer.

ramotadab, SamFisher and NewAge like this.
  7. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Pass

cml750, bluffkin, RoyalGuard and 8 others like this.
  8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

lol now we getting crazy. Harden would have us as the second seed right now.

Prince_Hakeem and Mr. Dominant like this.
  9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Stay calm.

Richie_Rich and Os Trigonum like this.
  10. NewAge

NewAge Member

greensanity!

11. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Yeah peak Harden played MVP level basketball for at least 3 years for Houston. I love Jalen. But he’s a long way to go.

don grahamleone likes this.
  12. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Jalen’s amazing games even in this stretch is like a casual game from Harden. People quickly forget how great peak Harden was. SMH

13. Salvy

Salvy Member

Harden is a choke artist bum, even FVV is better than Harden.... Jalen is a future super star that will actually make it past the 2nd round....

Rockets4lf likes this.
  14. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Is Green better than Harden at the same age of 22yrs old? I would say "yes."

Remember, Harden was a role player, a VERY GOOD role player. But more of a pg/playmaker. He avg 12ppg 2rbg and 4apg. Well Jalen is avg more than that across the board.

However, Harden went on to be one of the top 5 players in the NBA. Can Jalen surpass that, we don't know. But many people have said just this week, he's playing like the BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA. So, we have to see.

The bigger question is, being that the NBA is looking for the next star, i.e, Jordan, Kobe, LeBron, if he keeps this up, is Jalen HIM???

He has the appeal, the swagger, the game but the personal life?? We will see

15. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

James Harden averaged 36 points a game one year.

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

If you’re talking athletically you’re right. It’s not even close. Okc harden vs Jalen would be the better debate.

don grahamleone likes this.
  17. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

That’s what I meant in the earlier post. Jalen’s last night’s game is actually worse than Harden’s average game for the entire season! Take that for data.

18. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Lesson to myself: never start a thread with “hear me out”…

19. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Harden also quit in almost every critical playoff game his tenure here. He then flat out quit on the team in the middle of preseason

20. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Lol. You're right, we just read something, interpret what we think and start commenting.

They're two different type players anyways.