1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green Apology Form

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamR, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Nah mate. Look at previous posts in this thread.

I am consistently saying how stupid it is to update this thread after a good or bad game - because Green is so disgustingly inconsistent no matter which side of the fence you sit on - he's going to make you look stupid regardless.

I hate KPJ and wish for nothing more than him to fail so this team would be rid of him.

I still pray Jalen Green turns his career around, but I've seen enough to be extremely troubled by his progression.

You're mistaking the chuckle being from a place of happiness, rather than from a place of hopelessness where you don't care anymore what happens because the team is an absolute utter joke.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Shouldn't it be Pepe nowadays?

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I let your reply in the other thread go because I didn't want to repeatedly point out how idiotic you were for completely misunderstanding my post hahaha, and was going to let it go so less of Clutchfans saw your embarrassment.

But now you've done this here and I can't help but laugh because the irony is that meme is exemplifying you right now, and you doubled down on your stupidity at something going completely over your head.

Actually would explain why you commented in this thread, but like I said. See you in a month. Hopefully you start actually putting two and two together and understanding things so you evolve from this meme.

Brutal.

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't "Want" anyone wearing a Rockets jersey to fail.

But that doesn't mean I can't think they are bad at basketball and expect them to fail because of that FACT.

6. highpost1388

highpost1388 Member

I think I've come to a few conclusions about the people who are desperate to call young players a bust. All the outcomes are beneficial and make them feel smarter than they are.

"Jalen is a bust!"

Outcome a: Jalen Green becomes a superstar.
    Response: I knew he could be a superstar, but at the time he was playing like a bust. I'm not a delusional fan. I can criticize my own players and obviously it helped because he worked on the exact things I said he was bad at.

Outcome b: Jalen becomes a pretty good player, borderline All-Star.
    Response: I told you he was a bust. He is a good player, sure, but you want better from a #2 overall pick. I knew better than the stans who tried to pretend he was elite.

Outcome c: Jalen is a solid role player or good scoring guard off the bench.
    Response: Same as above.

Outcome d: Jalen somehow never scores 30+ ever again after doing it 17 times (only 5 guys did it more often before they turned 21) and becomes a bust.
    Response: Same as above, minus the 'he is a good player' part.

In all possible scenarios, the doomer wins and feels infinitely smarter than those who believed, except in the case of outcome a. If Jalen does become a superstar, they're "happy to be wrong" and can still rationalize it as being "tough" on their favorite team's players. This serves to protect themselves from being wrong, but still provides a lesser boost to their superiority complex because at least they know they are a "real fan" who doesn't blindly support their players.

I think it's strange for grown people to behave this way, but it's not just Rockets fans. You can find these doomers on any fan page and they all basically say the same things. Maybe it's a mental illness that wouldn't be so bad if we didn't have the internet to capture all these emotional rants from these people? I'm not sure, but it is embarrassing to watch. I think I'm comfortable being called a "stan" or "delusional" or whatever while I invest myself in the growth of the young players on our team.

heypartner and fchowd0311 like this.
  7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Scrubs don't have 4 40 point games before they turn 21 like Green.

Simple as that.

fchowd0311 and highpost1388 like this.
  8. Bo6

Bo6 Member

how many times do ya'll need to fill this out??

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

10. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Too soon to bump this? One game at a time, but dominating OKC was pretty awesome

11. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Another thread, another example of @Downtown Sniper embarrassing himself.

Zen Tabak and topfive like this.
  12. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

13. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Trying to get back on the Jalen’s band wagon…

[​IMG]

14. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

It is still an issue that he can’t hit wide open 3s at a high clip. He can only shoot difficult shots. Anything wide open outside of 18 feet he shoots abysmally.

15. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

He should learn to post up on the 3 pt line and then just turn and shoot.

tagedieb and Kevooooo like this.
  16. madbomber

madbomber Rox4Life! #FreeJVG

Don’t forget to add from 28 feet lol

Castian Crew likes this.
  17. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Where is the “You didn’t like Green when he played like complete dog **** for 40+ games, but you changed your mind when he started grabbing rebounds, playing defense, and generally trying harder because he realized he had child support bills and was on his way out” option?

I get it’s hard for your average JG fan to string 2 thoughts together, but when he’s good, He’s REALLY good. When he’s bad, he’s not even average starter quality.

tagedieb, NewAge and clutchdabear like this.
  18. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

I am not gonna call you out but I am scrolling looking for those certain people to apologize how wrong and quick to judge they were with Jalen green lol glad you aren’t our GM or coach … let this be a lesson learned with young players that come in at 19 years old

topfive likes this.
  19. thedude077

thedude077 Member

20. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

He's played really well since Sengun went out. He's played at an AS level for sure, but he needs to play at an AS level for an entire season and keep stacking on it. He's done this before only to regress during the early months of the next season, but he's likely earned his extension especially with the Rockets make the play-in.

NewAge likes this.