1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jags gonna Jag

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Colt45, Jan 3, 2022.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Lol

.520 regular season %
    .333 playoff %

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Kubiak changed the way he coached and they way he dealt with players after he left. He learned a lot from Harbaugh. If we'd kept him, he wouldn't have changed and still wouldn't have won a super bowl.

I don't really trust O'Brien to change who he is but it's possible.

In hindsight, Kubiak was at least a better offensive coach than O'Brien. His offenses were usually pretty good. His worst offense was better than O'Brien's best. His teams at least had an offensive identity. What got him in trouble in Houston was that while his offenses were good, they were also predictable and when a team like the Patriots was capable of countering what we did, Kubes couldn't make the adjustments to find another way.

Part of the appeal of O'Brien when he was hired was he preached a game plan offense, one where we could do multiple things. We weren't going to do the same thing every week and we could attack our opponents weakness. Of course, that ended up being a bunch of BS and we were just mediocre at everything we tried to do.

Red.Glare and raining threes like this.
  3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And? He can be a pain in the regular season for the Texans. Most coaches have losing records in the playoffs. The nature of the playoffs.

raining threes likes this.
  4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

136-54

5. gucci888

Literally any competent coach will be a pain for the Texans as long as Culley is wearing the headset. But pissing your pants about BoB potentially going to the Jags is pathetic.

6. Buck Turgidson

I wholly welcome the opportunity for Bill O'Brien to be a regular pain in the Texans' ass.

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Idk what's more pathetic, scarface still stanning for BoB or acting like the potential hiring of his favorite coach for the Jags is the second coming of Bill Belichick

I can't wait for BoB to fked up the jaguars, at least we won't b the shttiest of the AFC South if BoB becomes hc

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

O'Brien will work for the Jags, IMO.
    They'll get some good draft pick this year and he'll work with well with Trevor. He's riding high with what he's showing with Alabama.

raining threes likes this.
  9. gucci888

Culley vs BoB on 4th down decisions will be must see tv.

DatRocketFan likes this.
  10. gucci888

I’d bet a lot of money that Saban is pushing him out the door regardless of what happens on Monday.

Brando2101 and tinman like this.
  11. thedude077

thedude077 Member

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Inspired by rumor of BoB coming to town the Jags are blowing out the Colts.

13. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Gary Kubiak is a far superior offensive mind than Bill O'Brien. Mentioning them in the same sentence is absurd.

Kubiak's biggest issue for years was that he couldn't resist hiring his buddies to run his defense.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  14. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Don't give **** about Denver. But today I dont't care much about the Texans, either.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

lol
    but it is a valid comparison of coaching or players.

if you leave one team for another and if you see the same or different results.

16. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

He was in the right place at the right time. A superb defenese won the SB that year which he inherited from Fox. I always liked Kubiak. I remember watching him play at St. Pius when I was a kid - I went to a rival high school. But the shitty Texans ownership kept him 2-3 year too long.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. Major

Major Member

Kubiak had a long history of NFL success prior to joining the Texans and made the Texans way better than they had been. He just had maxed out in Houston after 8 years. His 6th and 7th were his best. Unsurprisingly, when he got a Peyton Manning, he was able to have more success. And even then, he had to do another year as an OC before getting a 2nd HC opportunity.

BoB had one year as an OC in the NFL prior to taking over the Texans. And his Texans were worse than his predecessor's. And then went back to college to OC for a team that had more talent than anyone else in college football and is a machine that doesn't miss a beat with revolving OCs. And stunk it up in the biggest game of his life.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Their best receiver got hurt and their backups couldn’t catch
    I’m no BOB fan, but when your team loses its DeAndre Hopkins your offense will go down

20. tinman

Supporting Member

They didn’t score touchdowns cause their best receivers were hurt. Didn’t that Williams kid account for like 200 yards in the SEC championship game?
    Anyways I’m sure he’s going to get another job. but maybe since Miami fired Flores for no reason , the Jags can get him instead