1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Its time to start Lowry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lost_elephant, May 8, 2009.

1. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

For whatever reason, Aaron just isn't handling the pressure well. He isn't hitting his shots, he isn't setting teammates up, and his turnovers are hurting the team.

Phil Jackson made the move to start Bynum over Odom starting this series. Bynum wilted and Jackson was quick to stick Odom in. Adelman needs to make the same type of adjustment. Get Aaron coming off the bench, let him be the first gunner off the bench.

2. kevtse

kevtse Member

Brooks is a problem. Brooks is our problem.

3. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Aaron will be good in the future I believe. But, his time is not yet.

4. akiracy

akiracy Member

lazy passes and no effort, start lowry please

5. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

If you really think that'll change the outcome of the series than your fooled.

People need to understand that id doesen't matter who starts, it's a 2 hit combo.

Who ever starts will get the blame no matter what, Lowry starts nad plays bad "We shouldn't fo traded rafer" is going to come up garunteed.

6. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

WHAT DID HE DO IN GAME 1???????? STFU.

Aaron is love hate for yall and it makes me sick. Yall praise him, then bash him. Typical fans.

7. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

brooks is a 6th man. he cannot run an offense.

8. Bustnani

Bustnani Member

What's his Turnover to assists ratio in the playoffs?

Today: 3 TO 1 AST

LOL! :D :mad: :mad: :mad: he's a wreck

9. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

This is probably the best and most simple way you can put it about AB. I'm probably the biggest AB hater, but he's not trash. He's just not a starter in this league.

Lowry is miles ahead of Brooks.

10. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

Correct, and we wont be an elite team until one of these 3 things happen.

1) Aaron develops
    2) Lowry develops
    3) We get elite point guard.

I think 1, will be the outcome.

11. UTweezer

uh....rookie. Lowery. brooks is a 6th man

12. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Brooks is horrible. It is no doubt Lowry is better than him. But in all honesty, Lowry is not even good enough to be the backup point on a team that wants to win an NBA championship. He is a far cry from being a starting point guard on one. He's better than Brooks, but that's still not saying much. I think it does not matter what Adelman does at the point position because his options are both well below par. I don't even know what to say Brooks really.

13. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Aaron should still get minutes.

Lowry should just get more.

14. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I want Brooks to shoot more in the offense if he starts. Shooting and driving is his strength. Decision making is not.

15. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

Brooks had 19 points in game one. Lowry had 6..... learn to spell the rockets players names right. derrr

16. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

Aaron overdribbles way too much. He has no court vision, and his only contribution to the team is scoring, and he's not even good at that. We need our pg to set up the offense and brooks still doesn't know how to. It's magnified with artest's horrid ball handling and yao's inability to consistently seal off his man. We need a starting point guard, badly. He's not going to "learn" to be a point guard and he's not good enough to start as a scoring point. There I said it. I really wanted him to be make it but he just doesn't have any a point guard's skills. We may have gotten by with T-Mac at the two and running the offense, but Ron can't. We need a new PG, or we need T-Mac. Being a rocket fan in l.a, it sucks but we're going to lose in 6, maybe 5. We have no floor general.

17. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

To be honest, Brooks was only good for about 8 minutes in the 3rd quarter. Before that, he was truly having an awful game.

18. UTweezer

derr?

hahaha...I didn't know we were at school.

brooks is 6th man. PERIOD. ala bobby jackson. LOWERY is taller and tougher and can distribute.

end of story

19. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Shhh! Brooks lovers will jump on you when Brooks gets a good game.

20. JSUB11

JSUB11 Member

Brooks is the reason who lost this game. Every time we started building some momentum, he turned the ball over.