1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Its Time to Move On from all the Russian Collusion Nonsense

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Dec 4, 2017.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What is Trump getting done now?

What role does he have to play with this bill besides being a rubber stamper?

Do you think the man has any nuanced knowledge of the tax bill?

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

He is actively promoting it

3. fchowd0311

So his supporters should be proud of him for doing something a adolescent teenager could do?

The amount of nuanced knowledge he understands and can explain to the public is the level of a high school kid.

#63 fchowd0311, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

... as a middle class tax cut ... that pays for itself ... that will leave him in financial ruin.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Assumes facts not in evidence.

6th grade is the highest I would go.

6. Major

Major Member

You realize the bill doesn't simplify the tax code (it actually makes it more complicated), and it really doesn't benefit a lot of middle class voters, right?

Describe your general demographics (single/married, dependents, etc) and I'll show you the problem with it.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If it passes it will be regarded as a major accomplishment is all I'm saying

8. Major

Major Member

So you're saying his one accomplishment will be making the tax code more complex and hurting poor and middle class Americans? Well done, Trump!

Rashmon likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

No, you said:
    Yet it doesn't simplify tax. In fact, its really not tax reform but rather a tax cut bill. As the problems rise the middle class this will be viewed as a major failure...[/QUOTE]

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Folks are quibbling. You are right that this tax reform is major legislation and the criticism that he can't get anything done with Congress will go away. Other, more substantive criticisms that the things he does hurt the country and its citizenry will probably continue, and the tax reform bill will probably be the first proof point quoted every time.

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'm saying Democrats will look like fools talking about Russia while he is accomplishing something

You talk in a corner all day about what's wrong with the bill while loosing elections

Do Democrats have an alternative bill. You can't just criticize you have to also produce

This is an important issue

Do not want to argue the bill. You're missing the point

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The way the Republicans had a healthcare bill just waiting for when they finally had their chance to repeal Obamacare? Apparently, Congress doesn't work that way (or they don't work that hard). Still, the criticism that Democrats don't win is fair. But, I think the reason Democrats don't have an alternative bill (other than that no Congressional Republican would look at it, much less vote for it) is that they are satisfied with the status quo on taxes. Outside of the Republican bubble, people aren't gnashing their teeth about how desperately taxation needs to be reformed.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If it were up to Trump the bill would be simpler

Democrats look at that as a weakness Republicans look at it as a strength

The tax code needs reform

I ride My Metro. They had a big overhall two years ago. It has greatly improved the system.

This is the point. In the past they used to add or delete routes but they had antiqued problems like all routes started late on Sunday. People still work on Sunday.

The tax code needs similar major overhall

14. prohibido

prohibido Member

I'm going to go ahead and guess single.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

How would we look like fools when the investigation has already produced far more than anyone here anticipated? If you told me half of what has come out, came out, I'd say you are crazy. I always thought he would be smart enough to have destroyed emails that literally are labeled:

Subject: Re: Russia - Clinton - private and confidential

and contain words like "If its what you say it is, I love it".

2 indictments and 2 guilty pleas.... far beyond anything I was anticipating. Go back and read my posts from the beginning. I always said that nothing would come of this unless the Democrats took back the House in 18. How we look like "fools" for simply following the story as it unfolds and being surprised that someone would participate in such un-American and un-Patriotic doesn't make us fools... it makes us informed and shows we actually.... care.

Do Democrats have an alternate bill.... sure... take that Trillion or so dollars the Republicans are now desperate to give away to add to the deficit, and forgive student loan debt. Each American with Student Loan debt would have hundreds more each month automatically to pump back into our economy. The strength of our economy is based on having a large consumer middle class. You want a middle class tax bill, skip the middle man and give a cut to the middle class.

16. Major

Major Member

Well of course you don't. You don't know anything about what you post about, so why would you?

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Major

It's a message war. All I'm saying is it will be viewed as an accomplishment.

You can go prove how versed you are in legislation in the thread about the bill. The bigger issue is the accomplishment while Democrats are still fighting the election

18. fchowd0311

No, in this case the bigger issue would be the bill that adds 1.8 trillion to the deficit... Not the debt, the deficit.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

you mean like Republican who still screaming Benghazi? eh Comrade?

Rocket River

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Is benghazi were Obama's birth certificate is being stored?