1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

It's Time: STEVE FRANCIS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by elvis, Nov 9, 2007.

1. elvis

elvis Member

Ok. I think we've all been patient enough. But after an entire game of watching Mike James, Rafer Alston, and Luther shoot like a combined 4 of 27....IT'S TIME for Steve to start playing in the rotation. I can understand why Rafer plays. He plays decent defense and can get the team into their offense. I understand James -- when he's hot, he can change the game with his scoring. But Luther has looked completely lost all season. And both James and Rafer are capable of going stone cold for an entire game.

Steve took 2 million bucks less than he could have gotten so he could play here. It's time to give him some run. At least Steve can get to the basket. He can rebound. He can make a three. And he wants to win BAD. It's time.

2. darnbni99a

darnbni99a Member

go tell adelman..

3. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

damn straight.

4. RocketClay

RocketClay Member

i dont see the offense operating smoothly if he gets in the game. we dont need more chuckers at the guard position.

5. persian hoopa

persian hoopa Contributing Member

That was some of the worst PG play that I have seen. Mike James and Rafer were awful. Rafer's terrible shooting percentage is killing us. If we had an AVERAGE PG we would be blowing out teams by more than 20 points a game. That is how good we are.

There is absolutely no reason why SF3 should not have gotten minutes tonight considering how terrible James and Rafer were. He is even worse than Sleepy Floyd and that is saying something.

6. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

i for once, second that.

7. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

I don't know if Francis is ready, but If there was a time to put him in, tonight was the night...all three played horrible. We won the game because of Yao.

8. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

So you want to exchange guys who can't shoot straight and turn the ball over...

for another guy who can't shoot straight and turns the ball over?

I'd be shocked if the solution to our PG problems is already on our roster.

9. urielsun

urielsun Member

I quite agree with you.
    Watching James play just make me sick. He didn't know how to pass the ball and he was really cold tonight. I just wonder that if Steve isn't ready for the Princeton, why he has. For Luther, he just didn't get enough time, so he is losing confidence.
    We just want to see Steve play.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Steve should be getting his chance soon....I mean 2-10 from both of them tonight...YUCK !

DD

11. fadeawayjae

fadeawayjae Member

UNLEASH STEVE!

12. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Our PG position is one of the weakest amongst the contenders - but I believe Bonzi and Scola coupled with Yao will transform us into a post scoring team more than a team dependent on jumpers and shooting. At least , I hope so...and I hope its enough to cover forour weakness at PG

13. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Exactly. So far in his career, Francis has not been a high percentage shooter and his turnovers are very high for a point guard.

Why? What do you guys expect? For him to suddenly become a different player after 8 years in the league?

He has done the same things you are upset with Alston and James for doing throughout his career.

We are winning. We should change nothing unless we trade for a better point guard because Steve isn't the answer.

14. pongd

pongd Member

its still too early to say youve been patient

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Play the guy, could he do any worse than rafer and james on a night like this. :confused:

16. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

If he could do all of that he would be playing right now. On talent alone, even the shell of Steve Francis is better than Rafer Alston and Mike James - the only person who could actually keep Francis out of the lineup is Steve Francis himself.

17. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

If/When Steve gets his chance I think we'll see a different guy. He'll know the flaws that Alston and James had that led to him getting minutes and he'll change up his game to aviod looking like another AstonJames. Thats the only way Steve will get extended minutes...BE A TRUE PG!

18. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

oh i forgot- the offense was real smooth tonight :rolleyes:
    how much worse could it get? from the goof-ups vs dallas (not even being able to properly bring it up in the 4h) to tonights inability to shoot, it has been really smooth.

19. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Oh look we won -- another Steve Francis whine thread!

Just like clockwork.

20. aamir

aamir Member

All I can think of is Luther's three point shot from last year is keeping him in the game this year. I love the guy, but he's been a non-factor in every minute of every game he's played so far.

As bad or as out of shape as Steve may be right now, he has to be better than nothing (Luther).