1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's fairly obvious this board leans liberal...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rockets1616, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Granville

Granville Member

As opposed to Real Democrats who dont take responsibility for their actions and choices.... or stop making excuses... nothing worse.

2. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

As others have said, the D&D has always been skewed liberal. I have taken some positions that are more conservative over the years, but I stopped for awhile as the arguments weren't changing. It seemed pointless to go through the same point/counterpoint over and over again. It would be much better if people were really open to changing their mind since there is no economic or political "truth." Otherwise it's really a senseless exercise.

3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

That's exactly what he did. He explained why he did something the way he did. He made that choice. He didn't say he liked it or it was the best way to engender a discussion.

Maybe I shouldn't speak for basso but my guess is that that is all he feels he can resort to given the hostile nature of it back here!

1 person likes this.
  4. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Agree. It's a factoid that is difficult to grasp and grapple with. :grin: For those who disagree, well, we'll just have to go the mat until the debate is pinned.

5. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

There are posters who have actually changed their views on this forum over time. I remember there was a poll on this a little while back. You will never get the ends to change, but people who are more moderate on each side could change their views.

6. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

As an example, due to a LONG thread on abortion, my views changed as a result of my interactions with MadMax.

7. Classic

Classic Member

My views have changed, softened, and firmed on a number of topics. I may disagree with some people at times but I like this forum in that it exposes me to viewpoints I do not have the opportunity to discuss in the 'real' world. I'm more here for the discussion than the debate.

8. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Issues that I have strong opinions on I do not change easily unless there are over whelming evidences that point to the opposite. However, there are many issues that I either don't have an opinion on or have no strong feelings on, example being the Muslim debates between AroundtheWorld and Mathlom, I could change my idea easily if I feel one side or the other have a much better argument.

9. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Basso,

You prove time and time again that there is no real point responding to your garbage. You're like a naive college kid with a bunch of conservative literature that you love to spam to all your contacts. When someone responds, you run away from the discussion altogether.Eventually people tire of it. More specifically, I think 90% of the board is tired of you, not because you're a conservative, but because you spam the forum with lopsided articles. You are fantastic at putting what you think it "important" in bold though. Kudos for that.

Don't blame R2K for the way this forum is now. YOU, along with a select few, litter the place up, secretly begging for moderates or liberals to respond. When we mistakenly walk into your threads, it's always a disappointment to see such misaligned, inaccurate, dangerous and offensive content. You know exactly what is offensive, too. Don't deny it. Quick example: your hobby of referring to Obama with racially-disparaging remarks.

Plenty of us have conservative friends. My best friend is hardcore republican and we agree to disagree. The difference is that he explains his views with logic, evidence and an open mind. That's how debate works. You're not going to convince us to agree with you with your muddled articles just like we aren't going to convince you to change either.

There are so many forums where you could post your political beliefs and stop clogging this place up. Mainly, this is a site dedicated to the Rockets. Are you even a fan? I only know of you because of how irate you make posters, both liberal and conservative, in this forum. Do yourself a favor and post on a site where the majority agrees with you.

I don't resent you for your opinion. I resent you for the way you express it.

10. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

cue the back-slapping cadre in 3-2-1...

11. Nook

Nook Member

He made an excuse for his behavior... that is not taking responsibility...

12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Maybe you wouldn't feel so persecuted if you didn't post so much insipid, cut and paste, propaganda rag, crap.

13. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i don't feel persecuted in the least. i'm just stating reality. the folks here that don't like the way the forum is are empowered to change it. they don't/won't; i've adjusted accordingly.

14. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Of course you'd see it that way.... :rolleyes:

15. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I got no problem with anything basso posts. He's one of the least offensive posters in the D&D. This thread is proof of that.

16. Codman

Ha---your reality? That explains plenty.

We like the forum for discussing issues outside of basketball. We don't like how you abuse it.

#96 Codman, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

speak for yourself. Avoid pronouns like 'we'.

18. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Well at least you acknowledged that it is you that is posting too much insipid, cut and paste, propaganda rag, crap.

19. Codman

That's fair.

20. Apps

Apps Member

With this I'll have to agree. If I'm being completely honest with myself, I would have to say that I've seen the left on these boards do some of the same things they decry the right for doing. At times it even seems like some interesting threads that might objectively merit a serious discussion get yelled down simply because of the name below the thread title. Now, I only come here periodically and have only recently begun to come here with regularity, so there might be some troll-dynamic to some of those threads that I just haven't been around long enough to be aware of (and that's what everyone says), so I'll admit that.

Also, and I don't mean to "pile on", but it seems like some of the posters on the right are a bit "trademarked"... as in, you know who's posting what because it's always the same rhetoric and the same jabs and the same "subtle" inflammatory remarks (and I most often find myself shaking my head when reading a couple of these posters' posts). I think that's the basic difference between the hate for the left and the hate for the right... it seems like the right toes the line with their "act" a lot more consistently than the left does. The left, however, is definitely reactionary and essentially falls victim to employing the same tactics from time to time.

Just one guy's observation.