1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's fairly obvious this board leans liberal...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rockets1616, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Are you sure about that? Houston hasn't had a Republican Mayor since 1982. Kathryn Whitmire, Bob Lanier, Lee P. Brown, Bill White, Annise Parker. Nothing but Democrats for 30 years.

Cities tend to vote Democrat, more rural areas tend to vote Republican. In the last election, Harris County, Dallas County, Travis County (Austin), Bexar County (San Antonio), and El Paso County all went for Obama. Harris does tend to split more evenly but as mentioned, that's because Houston votes Democrat while the surrounding areas vote Republican.

2. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Actually, major cities tend to be liberal/Democrat. This was clearly illustrated by the 2008 election where the counties containing Houston, San Antonio, Austin, and Dallas/Ft. Worth were all blue. Everywhere around them was red.

Picture for evidence:

[​IMG]

Also, people who use the Internet most tend to be liberal as well.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Sane conservatives don't have much to be proud of these days with the likes of Bachman and Cantor taking the lead.

It's pretty sad, especially when Democrat leaders are greedy weasels eager to play both sides of the table as long as it makes money.

Yeah, yeah...lesser evil and all that.

WWE...really?

Because it's so homerotic?

1 person likes this.
  4. Granville

Granville Member

You don't think that your own bias toward liberal views didn't help shape this forum to be left leaning? I'm not faulting you beause it's human nature to process information based on your own personal views. I think it does play a role even if only a small one.

5. Granville

Granville Member

No, because WWE is a goofy fairy tale kinda like Hope and Change.

Prolly my last post in this forum before I'm banned from it.

6. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Conservatives like war, and the NFL is all about being battle ready. Having your troops working together using sheer brute force. Similar to how plantation owners picked their slaves a while back for strong blue collar work, conservatives see themselves and the QB's as the brains of the operation and everyone else as inferior, physical only products meant to carry out their orders and execute tasks requiring strength and coordination - not brain power.

It's like War of the Worlds. Or the board game RISK. Or Battleship. All popular republican games.

Atleast from the white conservatives I know.

1 person likes this.
  7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Nobody likes war....

Because Battleship and RISK are exactly like war.

#47 tallanvor, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  8. JD88

JD88 Member

Conservatives like war? Lol.

That's mature.

9. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

It's a very sexy notion, and you may not like it but the concept of war and control is very erotic to the vast majority of conservatives. You probably won't see this on the surface, but get in a room with them and knock back a few bottles of JD and the truth starts coming out. Novels like War and Peace don't sell over 45 million copies by accident - war and strategic battle literature in particular is very popular amongst republicans. Even though those numbers might be skewed by those who grew up during the WW's, Cold War and Vietnam... the words of my close friend and confidant JC will always ring true.

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

With great power, comes great responsibility. And republicans like to be thought of as uptight authoritarian figures with a lot hinging on their every decision. Troops, always at their disposal. Countries, always calling to negotiate prisoner releases. Ladies, seeing the power that they have.

10. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I dont have a bias towards liberal views, I have a bias towards truth, which is something NO politicians want to discuss.

I am not visibly active in this forum(except in small mod-like ways), therefore it is impossible for my views(which you have ZERO idea of what they really are) to have shaped this forum in any way, shape or form.

try again....no, scratch that...dont try again, you will just be wrong.

11. Granville

Granville Member

Dude broke a nail putting one of those red pegs on Battleship. Cut him some slack. the man is injured.

12. Granville

Granville Member

Ok...

13. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

so, since you seem to think I will ban you for expressing an opinion :rolleyes:

Care to prove me wrong and back up what you are implying?

What, exactly, makes you think I am biased towards liberals?

14. Granville

Granville Member

So those Democrats who voted to go to War, were they closet Republicans?

I know Democrats claim they were tricked in to voting for war by a man that all Dems claim is stupid. So a stupid Republican tricked them in to voting for war. That's nice.:rolleyes:

15. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I know many WWII Vets who love reliving the glory days of Normandy by playing Battleship.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Colin Powell is very respected, and he essentially convinced the world, including Americans. But I never believed the reports that Iraq had WMD. The evidence was obviously flimsy.

That said, I like war games. I love strategy. Risk, Axis & Allies was what I played when i was 6 and 12, heck I even played complex war games spread across the country with former WWII vets and guys who where in West Point. I find it fascinating and strategic.

That does not mean I support going to war. Or like the idea of going to war. There is a big big difference.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are probably the most genuine poster in this whole place.

I think when guys like Refman stopped posting the intelligent conversation and debate just collapsed. Caught between the ridiculousness of Basso & Co and having to deal with the tea party pretty much has quieted the old GOP'ers - boy do I miss that party.

18. Granville

Granville Member

Nothing I am going to say to you will change your mind. What you called correct was just your opinion.

My opinion is that Lefties dogpile people left and right in this forum and it is allowed. That's the reason some conservatives quit posting here.

If your political affiliations don't lean toward the left, I apologize. But you sure as hell didn't stand middle ground or to the right when commenting on what CometsWin wrote ( I havent stood middle ground either with my personal opinion, but I'm not in charge of providing moderation here either nor would I want to be). That said, TJ, Hightop and myself didn't deserve you implying by your stamp of approval of CometsWin's erroneous opinion of our reasons for posting or of our posting styles was correct.

1 person likes this.
  19. Granville

Granville Member

And they are damn fine Americans!!

20. Granville

Granville Member

It's too bad the conservative posters were the only ones causing problems.:rolleyes: