1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It is what it is

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jcmoon, May 11, 2019.

1. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

Its hard to beat the league, the refs, better players, and bad coaching. Its really hard to be a fan right now, knowing that you're watching pure entertainment and not fair competition. A positive that we can take is that at least the rockets went for it, when many other teams just decided to wait till this superteam disbanded. As a fan, i can still root for that.

The problem with our team is that we are too predictable and our strategy does not work, playing isolation ball when they let the other team foul you. We were robbed in game 1 and even in the last two games IMO. what's up with these ****ing charge calls when the defender is clearly moving their feet?

I don't think that blowing up this team is the way to go. The fact of the matter is, we need a third star, but we don't know how to get it. I think its safe to say that overpaying EG is out the window, as much as i hate to give him up, he's the only trade piece we have. Trading Tucker would make me quit, since he's the heart and soul of this team.

Its very hard to beat a team when the league tilts the odds in the favor of a superior team. They have better players period. More athletic, taller, more clutch players. Even looney is vastly underrated as he was grabbing every board against our small ball midgets. Even their bench seemed to play pretty good D against our predictable offense. We have only one way to beat you. And its hard to do when everyone is gassed playing both ends of the floor and we are getting robbed on calls. ****ing robbed. Face it, america wants to see these ****ing b****es in the finals. They don't like us. it is what it is. The NBA makes way more money somehow having them on TV versus us.

If CP3 didn't show up I was about to quit on him. At least we know he can still play like that. He's old and his body can't recover fast enough to play that good on one days rest in the playoffs. I thought he played great. i thought harden played well other than the turnovers. But he is what he is, because we are who we are. predictable. And when he has to constantly play defense, he gets tired on offense and commits turnovers. it is what it is. He is who he is. A great player who isn't clutch, and turnovers come when the whole defense knows what you're going to do everytime. But then, what other options do we have? We live and die by him and paul creating offense. But this is hard to do against a great defense like the warriors. Harden played well enough this series. The warriors are just a better and more talented team. They made sure in game 5 to make others beat us.

Its going to take a while to get over this, but what other choice do we have? We could never beat the sonics either with hakeem and i hated those muther****ers too.

darksoul35 likes this.
  2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I'm done with the NBA playoffs. I'm a start watching different show series, movies while getting ready for the NFL season. NBA is not worth watching at this point. Just get the Warriors vs Bucks finals over with.

jcmoon likes this.
  3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The thing is, the Rockets didn’t play poorly against the Warriors. They battled. They got great performances from Gordon, Tucker, and Rivers. We needed Harden and Paul to be a level above what they were. But both were pretty good in game 6.

We need better rebounding, interior defense, and more athletic finishing around the basket. Basically, we needed Capela to be what we hoped he could be. I’m not sure he has that extra gear in him. Not quite long enough or strong enough,

Aside from that, Harden has some room to diversify his offensive game. He will come back with something extra and we will continue to be amazed by how good he is.

4. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

In the aftermath of this latest loss to the Warriors, it's amazing to me how few people acknowledge that we didn't play terribly collectively. All six games were decided by six points or less. The simple fact is the Warriors are better - and they are better than the other 29 NBA teams too. Even without Durant, they have 3 All-Stars that are in their prime. The Warriors are a historically great team, and we're not as talented. The Oilers didn't suck or choke when they couldn't get over the hump against the Steelers dynasty either. Sometimes our hometown team runs into dynasties. It doesn't mean we give up, but some perspective is in order.

I will say the Warriors looked like they played free and loose the entire game - like game 6 was on 'house money'. The Rockets looked like the much tighter team. Both teams played really hard, but the Warriors were able to make big shots and get stops when they needed them.

#4 PolarBear, May 11, 2019
    Last edited: May 11, 2019
    csnerd84, jcmoon and durvasa like this.
  5. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

The thing is, James harden can't get too much better. he is pretty close to his peak. If he began to add the mid range pull up that Paul has, instead of trying to drive to hole for the bucket, foul, or botched play. he would be unstoppable. Other than that, its coaching and lack of personel. Do we really want paul and harden posting up? Should we go to this when they are not calling fouls on harden's stepback? We needed rebounding but the problem is we don't have the dogs to box out. We have highly skilled players, but Harden, EG and Paul all give up size in the paint. We need a punishing 4 or 5 to make up for this on both ends of the floor, basically an all-star, but those are unattainable.

We did battle indeed. Our defense did well in limitting Klay and steffs explosions during the series and that is overlooked. it takes great team defense to prevent them from getting open looks. But all that defense wears our guys out on the offensive end, missed shots and getting them gassed in the fourth quarter.

its a shame that EG will most certainly be a sacrificial lamb. He'll get at least 25 mill a year for 3 years on his next contract, but we can't afford to use that money on him, being forced to look for young, cheaper talent who can do this dirty work for us. We'll need to find players who are on the rise, who haven't peaked yet, who can add skill such as shooting the 3. But the problem is, who will replace EG? Will we be better? or will it be a lateral move? Its hard to find players like him too.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Bring back Lou Williams? Not the same kind of player, but he can run the offense for stretches. I have no idea if it’s feasible.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I’ve accepted the Rockets are owned by the Warriors and will never beat them. You are right. It is what it is.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Stop blaming the league though, if the conspiracy is true then they wanted a game 7, even put Green and Curry in foul trouble and the Rockets still couldn't make much of it.

The NBA already scheduled Game 7 for the primetime ABC slot, that's how much they wanted this. The Rockets didn't want it.

Little Bit, UTSA2step and YOLO like this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The warriors are smarter than us, they are more disciplined, these was not a league loss, this was a weak mentality loss.

DD

UTSA2step and WarEagleRockets like this.
  10. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

You hit the nail on the coffin.... Some fans live and die by their respective teams. I feel I need therapy and shoulder to cry on despite knowing it's just business and nothing personal by the league.

11. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

I totally agree with this. We can’t blow this up. if we do that it will be step back. Instead let this group learn and improve. Let Capela improve his offensive skills by making it a point of emphasis in regular season. We need good Ariza replacement. I would be open to bringing him back again just so that we can use him against Warrior.

WarEagleRockets likes this.
  12. WarEagleRockets

Dumbest team in the league. It shows how great James truly is, he literally has to carry a the whole franchies by himself. With him, this team.doesn't win 20 games this year. He needs to be selfish and demand the paul restructure his deal, demand Capela gain muscle, stop being scared to get a bruise and a develope a pick n pop elbow jumper or simply demand a trade and let it be known he was tired of carrying these dudes.

13. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

We are not a championship team and that lies with Harden and CP. Curry made every single play you could ask for in the final stretch, where harden went for a offensive foul, missed 3, missed layup when it mattered. It's all mental and has absolutely nothing to do with talent. My fear is the era is over and I have never said this before, but its time to clean house from Dantoni to even CP and Clint. I think our window has definitely come close to being surpassed