1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It’s like the Indy 500.......

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by skroodup25, Jan 21, 2018.

1. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

and the rockets never have to pit stop.......

It think a lot of people are looking at this whole Rockets vs. Warriors the wrong way.....

On paper yes, the warriors appear to be more talented than us but......

Does their offense still work the same without 2 of their top 4 guy????? I don’t have any numbers but I’d like to think not....

Is their bench unit better than ours.... well if you look at it player for player than yes but the way we stagger the minutes of Paul and Harden it basically makes it as if we have 2 starting lineups..... I’ll explain....

We all know that James can play with.a bunch of scrubs and win.... see 2015.... and we know that Paul is the point god and makes the players he’s on the court with better than they are....

Then combine that with the time that they both share the court and now you’ve entered the Indy 500 with the worlds 1st solar/electric vehicle build for speed.... it doesn’t have to be faster than the other cars, it just has to keep up but it never has to stop.... and that’s how you beat the better cars....

Although I think we could use 1 one piece, I feel like this team fully heathy and available can beat any team in a 7 game series.....

We never have to be great just good and sustain that.... although there’s always the option of being best.....

Don’t be surprised if the Rockets haven’t started the new trend in the nba where it was once “there’s no need for 2 great pgs to be on the same team” to “we need 2 identical pgs”. Although most will fail because this may be the best version of this to be assembled.....

Great job Morey.......

topfive, Reeko, BigShasta and 3 others like this.
  2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

We can absolutely take on the Warriors, but quite a few things need to go right for us. The main advantages for the Warriors are the following:
    - 4 all-stars with 2 superstars
    - Spread offense with smart core
    - Depth from ring chasers

This means they have more sustainable firepower with more balanced distribution than any team in the league along with the ability to sustain losses and stay fresh on the bench. So what do we have that can let us beat them?

- We have Harden and CP3, each one of the best playmaker off a pick
    - A bevy of good shooters around them along with an elite roll man
    - A trifecta of wing defenders that can guard 1-5, meaning lots of lineups
    - X-factor that is Ego. Man can go off for 30 when his shot is falling and 20 when it's not.

We easily have the potential of superior firepower compared to them. Peak ability, we blow any team out of the water. What we have much less of is the ability to sustain it when we get hurt; our shooters get tired and go flat. If we can keep it under 5-6 games, we have a real good chance of taking them in a series. If it gets beyond that, things are going to get really rough for us.

skroodup25 likes this.
  3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Need moar elipses but otherwise good post OP.

topfive and skroodup25 like this.
  4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Pretty good analogy. Not bad at all, I like it.

skroodup25 likes this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

i don't have the chance to follow nascar, can you do an f1 analogy?

6. JaceMan da SpaceMan

I lik nascar. My cousine take me 4 date their

Jontro likes this.
  7. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

I absolutely know nothing about nascar other than they go around and around and have to take pit stops......

8. alethios

alethios Member

The thing we have to keep doing in contesting their shot. If they get a chance to feel confident in their shot, we'll have a hard time stopping (stomping) them.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Fair and Consistent refereeing is all I ask for

No STAR CALLS for the Golden boys
    No Allowing Moving Screens
    No allowing hacking and hand checking and alot of non calls

Just FAIR AND CONSISTENT

I will take the Rockets Every time!

Rocket River

topfive likes this.
  10. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'm all for optimism, but I don't think any offenses would be good if you took the two best players off any team. GSW would still have Klay and Draymond, which is still pretty darn good.

Their bench unit is better than ours, but as long as CP3 or Harden is on the floor, playmaking, that mitigates a lot of their advantage.