1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Issues with the site?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Clutch, Dec 6, 1999.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

One person wrote in to say they are on a 1024 resolution screen and the page is still wider than that -- seems incredibly odd to us. The page is structured at 740 width regardless. He did say he was on a MAC... also said the "Last Game" box at the top right was on the blue background -- not able to be read...

... anyone having issues like that with the site?

------------------
    Clutch
    www.clutchcity.NET
    SPREAD THE WORD

2. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

I'm in university at the moment, so I hopped across to the Macs to check this out. It does this on IE 4.5, and my resolution was also 1024. It checks out fine on Netscape though. I haven't accessed the site from my iMac at home, but I use IE4.5 to access the web, so it looks like I'll have to install Netscape as well. I have had problems on other sites with IE4.5 on the Mac, which have checked out OK on Netscape Navigator, so I don't know if there is a bug in IE 4.5, or whether it's just particularly fussy. I'll download a source copy of the front page, and see if I can get it to work at home on my Mac. HTH

3. Jovi

Jovi Member

I have the same problem. I am using a Mac and AOL 4.0, which includes IE somewhat.

The Last Game Boy is on the left, probably where it´s supposed to be.

But, the big problem, even with the biggest screen resolution, I still have to scroll horizontally in order to get a full view of the site.

Don´t know why, but every page except the mainpage seems to work properly (meaning they fit into the scr. res.)

Johannes

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks guys -- so all pages work fine EXCEPT rockets.cfm (the main page) on MACs running IE 4.5?

If any of you can send me a screen shot to clutch@clutchcity.net I would greatly appreciate it. I'll see if I can't fix this...

Thanks GBRocksfan and Jovi -- that helps a lot ...

------------------
    Clutch
    www.clutchcity.NET
    SPREAD THE WORD

5. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

Well, because of where the Mac defaults to save screenshots, and because of my access privileges on Uni computers, I can't send you a screen shot, but I can tell you that when the page loads, the background (i.e. white central area, blue checked to the right) loads up in the correct proportions, as in Netscape, and when the text is "filled in", the blue goes all the way across to the right. I'll try logging off and back on again to see if I can get a screenshot for you

6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Anyone who has encountered this glitch I would love to hear if you're still getting it. I tweaked a few things that might have fixed it for MAC users...

------------------
    Clutch
    http://www.clutchcity.NET
    SPREAD THE WORD

7. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

Sorry it took so long to reply, but the time difference you know, and I was tired (this damn university is making me work hard for my money!). Don't know what you tweaked, but the width problem is sorted. It's probably my fault for not mentioning it, but I just re-read this thread, and Jovi mentions it too. The game recap in the left hand column is just on top of the background for the rest of that column, rather than the plain, coloured background I get in Netscape. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not complaining! Fantastic upgrade to the site. I'd also like to add to the clamour for a history section. I think I've been checking the site since I first started at college (Sept '96), so I'd love to see what the page looked like before that!

PS I've just done a screen-cap, and mailed it to you Clutch

[This message has been edited by GBRocksFan (edited December 07, 1999).]

8. bballfanatic

bballfanatic Member

I never claimed to be very computer literate but I seem to be having the problem described here about having to scroll horizontally to read the whole screen.

Thanks. I love the site. We are blessed in many ways us Rockets fans!