1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this Run TMC version 2?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cheshire, Aug 18, 2001.

Tags:
  1. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

We had the original Twin Towers and Big 3. Is this the beginning of Run TMC 2? I mean we have Franchise who is arguably better than Tim Hardaway...Mobley is an automatic scorer like Richmond was...but one or two seasons more would give us a better indicator...Rice is as good as Mullins was...

Chise and Mobley will run and drive all day long while Rice can hang back and latch on those kick-outs and wide open looks...

We essentially have a new team here b/c Rice and Griffin will command major minutes...Cato will actually be an important factor!!!!(gasp)...3 major FAs were the weakest links...GOOD BYE!

Chemistry and health issues aside, i think we have Run TMC 2. One that will do the original proud.

I'm EXCITED!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Did the original Run TMC ever get out of the first round of the playoffs???

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Steve, Mo, Eddie and Glen spells <B>SMEG</B>.

4. Valio!

Valio! Member

or...GEMS

5. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

I like GEMS. :D

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Oh dear God, we'll never hear the end of it... wouldn't GEMS be a much better name? Please? :(

7. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

If Eddie replaces Mo as starting PF in the next three years, we could have a KEG in the frontcourt.

8. harumph

harumph Member

Don't say that - you're justifying Smeggysmeg's moniker, stopping me from bagging it as an adelaide thing! :D

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yes! They trounced Stockton/Malone and Mr. Robinson.

Of course, the first one was when they had those twin towers Ralph Sampson and Manute Bol.

10. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Now why did you have to go and do that?

:eek:

11. heypartner

SMEG reminds me of an acronym I kept using to explain my dream of going big against Chicago and forcing Rodman to take an elbow by Kevin Willis and Pippen to feel the power of Barkley's butt!

<b>WEBAD</b>!

Willis
    Elie
    Barkley
    Akeem
    Drexler

12. heypartner

So, you use Mo's "M" rather than Mobley's just to piss off Cuttino's Mom aka Smeg?

13. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

What about MEGS ?

14. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

No way is Mobley as good as Richmond was in G.S. Richmond averaged like 27 a game that year.

15. heypartner

No way is Francis as good as Hardaway was in G.S. Hardaway averaged 23.4ppg and 10 apg that year.

:rolleyes:

btw: Chris Mullin is the one who "averaged like 27 a game," and outscored Richmond every year.

16. Band Geek Mobster

You must be talking about a different Richmond because the most Mitch Richmond ever averaged for the Warriors was 23.9 points/game, a whole 4 points more than Mobley averaged last year.

Edit: Damn you're fast crispee...

17. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Run GSC

I don't think Mo will score over 20, and to have a trio like the Warriors did you have to have guys within only a couple points of each other. If it ever could happen, I could see Steve with a 26 ppg average, Cuttino with 25, and Glen with 23. It would be downright amazing if the Rockets could average 120 ppg. ;)

18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You can make the stats say anything you want, and I love Mobley as a player, but when Richmond was with GS he was incredible. As a shooting guard, he had the best balance of inside/power game and outside/3point shooting I can think of from recent memory. The only person who comes close would be JR Rider, but he disqualified himself from contention by being a headcase.

Early Richmond would have been great for this team. I would post him up all day and watch him either destroy the other team or kick it out to Mo-T & Collier for money 20footers. He was a go-to guy from any spot on the floor. Notice his 49% 3rd year FG% vs Mobley's 43%, the 465 free throw attempts vs Mobley's 252 in almost exactly the same minutes.

At the other two positions, however, I think we match up a bit more favorably.

19. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

It's an interesting comparison. However, weren't Mullin, Richmond, and Hardaway all around the same age? Rice is 34 and both Francis and Mobley are still in their mid 20's. Maybe when EG develops and takes over for Rice, we can then say that this is Run TMC II or RUN SCE.

20. Band Geek Mobster

Ottomaton,
    I think you mistook my presentation of facts as opinion. Lil Francis said that Richmond averaged 27 points/game and Cuttino was nowhere close to him. I said that Richmond's highest average with GS was 23.9 points with a sidenote that Cuttino only averaged around 4 points less.

Personally I have no opinion on whether our team is similar to Run TMC or not because I don't care.