1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

is there anyway i can join in this league?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by dc rock, Jan 11, 2001.

1. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

if not its ok

------------------

2. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I think Smallworld needs someone to take over a dead team.

------------------
    Go vote for Steve Francis for the All-Star game!! You only have until Sunday!!

Vote for Francis!

3. Heath

Heath Member

Not Smallworld but Sandbox. At Smallworld you can start your crusaide whenever you want but you would be hopelessly lost in the bottom of the standings.

But - we have 2 teams ready to be taken over at Sandbox - so try to buy one of those teams (with Sand Dollars) and we will be extremely happy - I don't know how much a team cost in Sand Dollars - but if you are interrested you can earn 500 Sand Dollars for free in no time- I have not even tried erning them, but of curiosity I check my balance the other day. Got 150 - and with 2 clicks on banners/links I doubled it to 300. (One each day).

The league we have is the Rocket Red League. Does he need some extra info to join in on the league - or is the password only for the startup of the league? Anyway I think my fellow Fantasy GMs have the answer to all your questions...

------------------
    Heath
    -where have all the spaces gone?

4. The Voice of Reason

If you want small world I will let you take over my team. Im in like 10th place, and really dont have the time to keep up with it. this business starting thing is time consuming [​IMG] anyway 10th place is quite high, and I have tons of money I am afraid all the work I put in it will go to wast as i wont be a=ble to really keep up on it

let me know.

and Heath, if this pisses you off let me know, i wouldnt want to ruin the league for the guys that can stay active.

peace

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    http://www.hanta-force.com

5. Heath

Heath Member

Damn you - quiting when you knew you were going down to the Hoopsters - Now I feel real down - Got to quit too - Ain't no fun to do all this work when no-one is playing. And you were the only one paying attention to my fantasy stats [​IMG]

But next year we are on again? Both smallworld and sandbox - then I will show all of you who is the real fantasy GM of the year....

------------------
    Heath

6. The Voice of Reason

heath, Im not gonna quit totally, but im sure you have noticed that in the last week and a half my leam has been pretty stagnent. Im sure you and Wow would catch me, and Im sure I would continue to loose interest.

thge problem I have with smallworld isthat i have a hard time staying interested for a long time. the sandbox team actually entertains me, and so i keep active in thqat league. also, the nature of sand box makes it so i dont have to switch placers every other day if i want to win the league.

there was one time that i was in 3rd place nationally in hockey, and I just got sick of playing. hell i maybe could have won the prizes, but it just gets booring for me. and now that i have all these meetings with banks and stuff, i really dont have time to mess around on that

but i will adjust my team every week or so just for you heath [​IMG]
    peace

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    http://www.hanta-force.com

7. Heath

Heath Member

Yeah - cool - it was not like I was serious in my previos post [​IMG] - Of course I'm gonna continue playing, and I understand that you can't have a high priority on this when you are starting a business. When the season started I joined 3 fantasy sites - Sandbox, Smallworld and NBA. I did well with NBA's Virtual GM last time I tried - Think I was among the top 10% - but this time I haven't payed attention what so ever I have visited the Virtula GM once or twice since the season began as I was all into Sandbox. With Smallworld I picked a lousy initial team lost around 1.5 mill SWD before I made a single change to my team - I then let it slide even further until I decided to give it a better go - I was all the way down in 46 position of the Clutch City League, and consentrated on getting my team value up - I fell down to 48 before I started climbing slowly - while earning a lot of money - I never thought I would get higher than 20-25 and hoped I could crack under 75000 in World Ranking (think I was aroun 120000) - I'm now aiming a lot higher - and if I continue doing as well I can see myself ending around 6-8 in our league, and under 20000 in World Ranking - but next year. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------
    Heath