1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is there an Elton Brand in this draft?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Azim da Dream, Apr 30, 2000.

1. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

In that I mean is there a PF who is coming out who has the potential to make the same kind of impact the soon-to-be-named ROY had this season and will in the years to come? Obviously, if its going to be anyone, it will most probably be either Martin, Fizer or Swift(if he's coming out). I know they all have game, but since I haven't really watched their games as closely as a lot of you, I am still a bit curious to how good they can be. Of course, not even the best experts can predict a player's career, but if the Rocks can somehow move up in the draft and acquire someone with anything near the inside presence of Brand, then Houston will have a dynamic duo most teams can only dream of.

Can Martin, Fizer or Swift be one-half of that duo?(please don't answer this question, it is more of a rhetorical one [​IMG])

Azim da Dream

------------------
    True champions do not take their failures to heart and never let success go to their heads.

2. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Personally, I'm drooling over Swift.

He can block shots, rebound, isn't a tweener (6'9'') Would work perfectly with The Franchise cause he's extremely athletic, and has the showtime dunks, is only 20, and already has a few post up moves.

Not to mention, his favorite team is the Rockets [​IMG]

KMart will definitely become a solid player, probably the most comparable to Brand. I think in their rookie years, KMart will be better than Swift, but Swift will catch up. Fast.

It'll be the high flying version of Stockton to Malone....or is that already Williams to Webber?

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!

3. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yep, his favorite team is the Rockets (mind you, it's the closest NBA team to LSU). No clue on those times. He's a hybrid type athlete, comparable to KG.

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!

4. TraJ

TraJ Member

He could always pull a Kobe -- drafted by the Hornets at #13, but then said that he would only play in LA. When Kobe did it, he was the next Jordan, but when Francis did something not quite so demanding (he didn't specify a team) he's a trouble maker. But back to my point: Swift could always say, "I'm not playing anywhere but Houston. You figure out the rest."

------------------

5. Da Man

Da Man Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure that the Hornets never wanted Kobe. The pick was made for L.A. in order to get Vlade. I think the basic deal was made before the draft began.

------------------

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

7. rocketteen

rocketteen Member

Is his favorite team really the Rockets?

If so then this would be a match made in heaven; athletic, young, tall, talented, and SMART.

Really though, he would be perfect for this team. I'm not saying he's better than K. Mart but I think he would fit better. He appears to be a PF in a tall SF body. That's why Kemp in his prime was so great b/c he could do the things that PF's and SF's do and it would create mismatches all over the place.

On a side note, does anyone know how fast he is? How fast is he compared to other PF's and is there a 40 time out there on him?

------------------