1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the world starting to turn against Bill Cosby?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mr. 13 in 33, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

When it rains . . . . . ..
    Over the course of decades in the industry . . .you make enemies. . . .
    Chickens coming home to roust Billy Bouchere Cosby . . .. .

One marginal Comedian . . .. . the information has been out there for decades
    These women have been there for decades
    but one Comedian puts it out there. . . . lights a fire . .. and it burns the GREAT AND POWERFUL COZ down
    One Voice. . . gave these women strength to come forward

One Voice and the Internets . . . . force for change

Rocket River

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Such a fall.

For someone my age, it's not just the Cosby Show as a whole generation's Andy Griffith Show, but it takes down the Fat Albert Show too. I *loved* Fat Albert, and to think he was possibly being creepy back then too. :(

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kiWEyUMm5Lo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The mix of moral lessons on the one hand, and possibly monstrous behavior on the other, is really ugly.

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why this is stuff is heating up now is more than Hannibal Burress. It looks like this really got going last week when Cosby went on Twitter to get meme him.
    [​IMG]

With results like these.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That led to Cosby pulling his Twitter account and when a lot of the media started to take notice.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't know why celebrities do this type of twitter thing . . . it rarely turns out to be a good idea
    R Kelly did it . . . and was OBLITERATED!

Rocket River

5. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

No kidding. He was on that popular show that umm... hmm, well he was in that summer blockbuster that... wait, what has he done?

Yes, I know who he is. But if you're not into standup comedy, why would the general public have any idea?

6. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

Where is Gloria Allred? She lives for this kind of publicity.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

#48 SwoLy-D, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

He is absolutely destroyed -- what a fall from grace.

11. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Thank you for bringing logic to his post.

12. VanityHalfBlack

Well, looks like a night for Ghost Dad, yeah!!!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4nRkAUAXT_A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Yeah he really doesn't have a vast resume. Just standup, Broad City, and the cop in Neighbours. I heard he's supposed to get his own show on comedy central though.

14. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

15. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Lol, can't stop staring at that magic hot dog. Hypnotic

16. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Feel bad for Cosby. The way these accusations are coming out appears quite fishy, but I don't see any way he comes back from it with any kind of salvageable career.

If you're a woman who believes you've just been raped, call the freaking police. Any of these women's stories would have a great deal more credibility had they gone to the police immediately, even if charges ended up not being filed. The fact that they didn't, and then choose to make these allegations decades later makes me believe they are full of crap and looking for notoriety and career boosts.

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

OJ was innocent too.

18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No need to feel sorry for him.

He's 77 years old, and he has $350 million dollars.

Most of his career is well behind him no matter what happens, and he's not running out of cash anytime soon - even if the roofie accusations are true, and he has to keep paying off new women weekly every time he gets an itch in his pants.

I guarantee you that even if his "project" with NBC had gone forward, it wouldn't be much more than a career footnote anyway.

Also, he spent decades as "the white man's favorite black man". A horrible scandal at the end of his life isn't going to ruin his legacy. His bio will go on and on about "I Spy" and "Fat Albert" and "The Cosby Show, with a sentence or two at the end about the scandal. Look at someone like Fatty Arbuckle, who was about as toxic as you could get for the last few years of his life. Death really rehabilitated his image, and now he's kind of a cute story of "boys will be boys" Hollywood excess gone wrong, and all the salacious accusations of perfidy are forgotten.

Bill Cosby has already won at life. I met his son a couple of times a few decades ago. Cosby was living large all through the prime of his life.

My take away - the thing I really first learned after Kirby Puckett kicked the bucket - is that people are complex. There is constant tension in everybody between the person you want to be, and the person your lizard brain is driving you to be.

Nobody is ever totally good or totally bad. If your public image is skewed to extremely good or extremely bad, there's probably a whole lot more going on behind the scenes that the public doesn't know about.

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

If he were truly innocent, then wouldn't he file a lawsuit for defamation/libel to clear his good name? I'm going to sit around and have my good name repeatedly smeared by several ladies when it's totally false?

For these reasons, I don't believe him and...I'm out.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

He was/is also on the Eric Andre show on Adult Swim (it's ****ing hilarious). Coincidentally so is Hannibal Burress. He killed it at the Oddball Comedy Tour this summer.

You're gonna get raped...

When the number of people accusing you of rape goes from 1 into the teens (15 currently), it's fairly safe to say you probably did it at least a few times. I have lost all respect for Bill Cosby, this **** isn't a joke.

It's really sad that he's gotten away with it this long because of his celebrity.