1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the world starting to turn against Bill Cosby?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mr. 13 in 33, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Says the guy who tried to gang rape strippers at an office park in the dead of night by bribing them with stolen credit cards.

Jontro and Ziggy like this.
  2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I forget...were you on the jury? Cause they saw the actual evidence and unanimously voted him guilty.

BigM and Ziggy like this.
  3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Someone recommended the "Behind The Bastards" podcast in a thread about Roger Stone. I've been listening.

There is an episode about Cosby. Apparently his father was a raging drunk and when he was very young he repeatedly embarrassed Cosby and his family including harangues by the landlord because daddy took the rent money to by drink.

As a result Cosby has always had serious control issues and never been a drinker at all.

There is something Freudian about how that affected him as a child that is at work here. He's punishing the women for being willing to lose control and exercising the sober mastery over them that he lacked in his dealings with his drunk father, or something.

The fact that he could easily pick up and have sex with sober women is irrelevant. He is scratching an itch that formed when he was a little child. It's a very specific kink of his.

jo mama and BigM like this.
  4. Asian Sensation

So going by your logic Cosby didn’t commit any of the rapes cause he didn’t have to.... reason being he’s rich and famous? Sounds about right since the rich and famous are incapable of committing crimes.

This guy is innocent as well and was also wrongfully prisoned.

[​IMG]

Star NFL player, HOF worthy career, money, fame and good looking. He definitely didn’t rape anybody considering the amount of tail that was being thrown at him. Amirite?

5. Roscoe Arbuckle

Yeah... That's not what happened...

If you're going to talk ****, make sure you don't lie.

6. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Well in that case, it looks like you’re the expert here.

biff17 likes this.
  7. Roscoe Arbuckle

Yes. Yes I am.

BruceAndre likes this.
  8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

People do not want to believe an astounding amount of women that have come forward. Then you turn around there are others that believe the earth is flat. It's 2019 but humanity still has a ways to go.

9. Roscoe Arbuckle

After decades, all of them come out with the exact same accusation? No, I have a hard time believing them. I spoke with women today about this and they didn't disagree.

BruceAndre likes this.
  10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

No you didn't.

No Worries, BigM and Harrisment like this.
  11. Roscoe Arbuckle

Yes I did. Been on here 20 years. My honesty has never been in question. Yours?

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

People feel more empowered and courageous in groups. Rape victims aren’t always jumping to come out. Particularly ones that are the victims of a legendary “family man.” I don’t know that much about this case but the fact that lots of women came out at the same time doesn’t in any way make their claims invalid.

13. Roscoe Arbuckle

When "coming out" means time in the limelight? With Bill Cosby, especially when this "rape" train headed out, there was plenty of reason for other women to jump on board.

14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

It’s quite possible that some of them jumped on board the bandwagon. Don’t know. But to throw the whole group into the lying bus seems way more far fetched than believing at least one of them. If you take one at their word, well dude belongs in prison.

15. Roscoe Arbuckle

That's the thing these days. You can't take people for their word enough to imprison them. And, in this case, he was basically put into jail based upon "Crucible" type accusations.

I'm not saying it wasn't possible he did it, but there wasn't anything more here than women's accusations. And, unlike Michael Jackson's penis getting described by children, Cosby never denied having sex with these women; as the women today said, if they were offered a drug by someone and took it, that's on them. And I just don't buy Cosby slipping Mickey Finn's to women without their knowledge. It seems far more likely that he was an ass who wooed women with opportunities to be a big star one day.

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yet, you question the women's honesty?

17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I do not think that you can rule that these women were patronizing him and he lack the circumspection to know any better.

KingCheetah likes this.
  18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

This is laughably un-self-aware.

19. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Sincere question (not snarkage): what was the evidence, other than the testimony of the women?

I keep asking this, and looking for it online....and not seeing anything.

20. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I do believe him in this. He was a successful black man that was being very critical of large parts of the black American community, and making very good arguments in so doing. The powers that be could not tolerate this.

Now, him claiming to be like Ghandi may be a bit of a stretch....