1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is my jersey fake?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Han Solo, Oct 1, 2012.

1. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

So, rock that s#!t son. Do you care what people think of you? When I'm in the mood to represent the Texans I bust out my cheap David Carr jersey-shirt hybrid piece of crap. That's all I have and a foster shirt and I'm proudly wear both cheap things to a Texans game.

2. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Thanks guys, you made me feel better. I'm not gonna lie, i thought mine was better than my friends $100 one from Academy.

3. SacTown

SacTown Member

stiched is good. It's a legit jersey. I would never wear a jersey though unless I was a player on the team and it was game day.

4. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

speaking of which, driving by Fannin yesterday after the game, i saw a guy rocking a 31 jersey, thought, "HELL YEA, I"m not the ONLY Shiloh Keo fan!!!", he turned around, it was a Aaron Glenn jersey....

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

There are other threads comparing the knockoffs to the real ones. Are you sure it's a knockoff?

Best thing to do is NOT WORRY ABOUT IT and just wear it like you stole i--I mean, wear it proud and loud. :cool:

Did you get one for CHEWIE, too? You know your mechanic needs one. ;)
    Don't know if SERIOUS. :confused:

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I'd rather have stitched than printed.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I wouldn't say it's a horrible fake. Nicely made, but you're going to see differences, if you're standing next to a real one.

I dont think that jersey is the Elite version. It's a knockoff of the Game version, which is the replica that retails for $100. Check out the collar. too thin. Also, the Elite version has different fabric, like in square patches, this one doesn't. Also, I believe the Elite version's sizing is in numbers, while the cheaper Game version is in S/M/L, as is this one. Also, the Game Version is not stitched for sure, not sure about the others, but i dont think they are either.

#27 RV6, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Seriously, why would you consider not wearing it out?? Who the hell cares?? You're repping your team the way you want.

9. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

4-0. Gotta keep wearing it. Don't f with the magic, bro! <superstitious>

10. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

Thats actually a decent looking fake. There are some that don't even have the correct number font, or the numbers are way too big or too small.

11. conquistador#11

this is kind of like that episode when samantha takes carrie to the hood so they can buy knockout fendi bags, then felt guilty about wearing one. totally like that.

=/

12. Matt_Maloney

Matt_Maloney Rookie

It's fake but I'm sure you got to save some money from not buying the real thing!

You can tell its fake because of the collar and the lack of Nike's "sweat patch" on the abdomen

[​IMG]

you can cleary see the sweat patch under the number and its discoloration when a player sweats...not sure of the reasoning behind this...

13. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

A 4-0 start with you wearing that very jersey makes it authentic in my book. Keep wearing it. At least for the next 16 games

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Nah, this is a knockoff of the replica, not the authentic. The real replica doesn't have a sweat patch. It's actually the same as this one, even with a thinner neck. The only difference i see is the shade of red on the numbers and the stitched name.

"Game" version, which oddly enough, isn't the game jersey, but the replica. no sweatpatch. Also, like i mentioned earlier, notice the difference in sizing (number vs letter):

[​IMG]

"Elite" version, which is basically what the players wear, with sweatpatch and thicker neckline:

[​IMG]

So, he basically saved $40, Game version retails for $100.

#34 RV6, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  15. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

its a knockoff the the nike game jersey, not the nike elite jersey.. only the elite jerseys have the thick collars/firewire and sweat patches..

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Here's a fake of the Elite version, for comparison:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-NlKE-Ar...3?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item2575e65a31

[​IMG]

You'll also notice the Game version (yours) has more tapered sleeves. I guess for a better fit, since most casual fans will buy this one and probably care more about appearance.

17. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

I would sell your fake to one of these guys and go buy a screen printed jersey and feel better about yourself.

18. papadrunk

papadrunk Member

I would wear your 'fake' proudly, just like this dude wore his FDSTER jersey to the Texans game yesterday. :grin:

But seriously bro, your jersey doesn't look bad.

[​IMG]

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Congrats, you got someone laid off.

20. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Yes its fake but at least you are reppin ... if it really matters that much to you just buy it off nflshop or Houston Texans store next time... but as you can see most ppl dont care whether its real or fake...