1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it Important for the rockets to win out?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 25, 2019.

?

Win all to Guarantee 2nd seed in West

1. Yes

44 vote(s)
    47.3%
  2. No

34 vote(s)
    36.6%
  3. Maybe

15 vote(s)
    16.1%
  1. rocks123

rocks123 Member

i doubt if okc makes the second round unless theyll be facing blazers whos now without their big man.

2. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Who are you talking about? Must be someone I have on ignore.

3. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

Your points have some merit but would you think the NBA will allow the Golden State Warriors to be knocked out in the first round or even the second round. I doubt it very much. I would rather avoid them till the end.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

that really doesn't have anything to do with whats being discussed. if the rockets face GS is whatever round regardless if its 1st or last, they are very much beatable. But that's obviously not happening. GS isn't going to face a challenge by anyone in the west besides houston. and obviously, houston isn't dropping do the bottom of the rankings to face them in the 1st round

5. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

Of course it does. NBA refereeing is part of the formula for winning a championship. You can’t discard it.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

i just did as it pertains to what's actually being talked about here

7. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

Got it. I just would hate to meet the NBA darling In the first or second rounds. Not because I am afraid of them, but because I have seen enough throughout the years from the NBA.

We can take votes on which round you prefer the Rockets to meet GS.

8. BigBum

BigBum Member

My predictions:
    Nuggets 57-25
    Rockets 55-27

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

i really couldn't care less about votes. at some point the rockets and gs will collide, when that is makes no difference for me

10. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

Fine. There is also a possibility that the rockets and the golden state Warriors will not meet this year’s playoffs.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

sure, if you don't think the rockets are a true contender. Which I would find hard for anyone to say anyone else is over them. I probably wouldn't even take them seriously

12. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

Did not say the Rockets aren’t a true contenders. Golden State can possibly lose in the early rounds due to implosion ...

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah, not happening. wishful thinking is all you

14. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

Also injuries happen!

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Like I said, it’s merely a Pretty Good Pitch. “PGP” for computer geeks.

3 days off for Cle last year. Enough for General Soreness, but not worse. And it’s not just about physical recovery, but mental too.

And ask yourself, are you really worried about a WCF foe after we beat the Worriers in round 2? Who? I’d be more worried about a feeling of invincibility leading into Game 1 of Finals three days removed from beating them. I’d rather have a WCF foe snap us back to fockass with an early loss than the 76ers.

16. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

I can actually see the Nuggets losing 4 games. They play the Pistons, Rockets, Thunder, Wizards, Warriors, Spurs, Blazers (x2), Jazz and Timberwolves. They could easily drop 4-5 of those games.

hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i can see them losing to houston and worriers , and perhaps slip another game to jazz or blazers, but losing 4 games would be too much of an implosion for otherwise very stable denver team throughout the year