1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it Important for the rockets to win out?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 25, 2019.

?

Win all to Guarantee 2nd seed in West

1. Yes

44 vote(s)
    47.3%
  2. No

34 vote(s)
    36.6%
  3. Maybe

15 vote(s)
    16.1%
  1. JRAD

JRAD New Member

Well Nurkic just broke his leg so it seems the 3rd seed is locked in. Hope he makes he a full recovery.

2. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Also, now that Nurkic is done (which is terrible -- one of those injuries you really don't want to see), we can go back to coasting and losing games we shouldn't.

Jake Tower and amaru like this.
  3. SemisolidSnake

He's been having too much fun. It caught up with him.

windpuppy likes this.
  4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

omg THAT NURKIC SNAP SOUND, I'm gonna have nightmares.. Hope he makes a recovery, injuries suck.

More reason to coast to save CP3 and Harden

5. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

Ok, let’s say we agree with HP that the sooner that you play GS the more chances that we beat them, but I believe it’s much riskier.

Example: let’s say that our chances of beating GS if we meet in the first round is 45%, in the second round drops to 40% and in conference finals drops to 35%.

We are still the under dog in all rounds against them without home court.

I would rather take my chances with GS and reach the conference finals, than get knocked out in the first or second round.

You tell me which round do you prefer to meet GS...

6. BigBum

BigBum Member

Blazers take 3seed this Tuesday?

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Not locked in. I definitely see the Blazers losing 3-4 more games this season based on their schedule, but that means the Rockets have to finish 6-2 or 5-3 at worst. And that's no guarantee with the games they have left.

8. smokieethabear

We need to keep the 3rd seed and hopefully play The Spurs in Rd 1. Finish the series with a gentleman sweep and get some R&R for our guys.

9. thekad

thekad Member

Uh, no. The Rockets are tied with the Blazers in the loss column and the Blazers have the tiebreaker. With an incredibly easy schedule coming up and a perfectly adequate backup for Nurkic in Kanter, the Blazers actually have the inside track on the 3rd seed.

They’ll be a game or two up by the end of this week if the Rockets don’t beat the two teams with the best records in the NBA in Milwaukee and Denver.

Hakeemtheking and COMPAQ CENTER like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

GSW could conveniently drop that game against Denver but it's still tough for them Nuggs.

COMPAQ CENTER likes this.
  11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

GSW has already folded the tent for the season. They are going to play the rest game with their players for the rest of the season. Why not us?!?!?!?!? The team I would want to face are the Clippers. They maybe a hungry team, but they aren't battle tested in the playoffs. Shamet and Shai rookies in the playoffs?!?!?!? Blazers is a team I would want to face, Capela should have a field day. Enes is not their 3rd best player in Nurkic. I'm quite sure our top Rockets players does not care who they face. It is they are facing the Rockets.

12. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Suddenly denver's chance to keep 2nd seed just got easier smh thanks to jusuf's injury :mad::mad::mad:
    They have a home and away with the reeling portland jaiblazers without cj and jusuf :(

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Didn’t they just start doing that already? Hence we have gained like 10 games on them in the last month?

14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

we are 4 back in the loss column! the only bad stretch they had all year was when they played IT. just worry about holding off portland.

15. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Isn’t there like a week between the end of CF and start of Finals? Seems like plenty of time to recover.

16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I already started a playoffs thread a month ago.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

whatever round you play them doesn't even matter. the west still goes through them. Ill take my chances with this rockets team at full health in the early rounds. Going to the wcf banged up/possibly injured and after two series and assuming a loss means nothing to me. If you lose in the earlier rounds or later on to them makes no difference.

There's some kind of assumption value going on believing that lasting into the wcf gets you some kind of prize. that's for team's that don't realistically have a shot at a ship like the clips. if they last longer than a round, that's their championship for the year. It's title or bust for this team. not lasting as long as possible in the playoffs.

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Crazy to think that we could be in 1st if we had just won half of our "bad" losses.

RudyTBag and amaru like this.
  19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

And Harden.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Play every game as the playoffs right now, in order to get into a good rhythm and to secure the 3rd seed.

RudyTBag likes this.