1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Comcast throttling Clutchfans at "peak hours"?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Ottomaton, Jan 5, 2023.

1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Like clockwork, 1-2 hours before game time I can no longer access the BBS from my home internet/cable modem (also the normal website). This has been going on all season. I actually spoke with my wife, thinking she did something, but no. "The connection has timed out. The server at bbs.clutchfans.net is taking too long to respond."

Just checked in again and it's down on my wired PC that runs via Comcast. I can access from my phone, until I connect to my Comcast wifi and the it, too, acts like the website is down. Usually it comes back on my Comcast around halftime.

I get 5x "request time out" on pings, but I don't know if the bbs server or the www server will actually respond to pings when connected.

Anybody else have a similar issue?

tinman likes this.
  2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for sharing this. It's strange because I'm on Comcast (Xfinity) and have not had any issues at all like this.

I'm curious though... Definitely would like to know what that could be. I could call Comcast to find out but I think they would only deal with my internet connection.

If you could take a screenshot next time, let me know. I'm confused why Comcast would do that.

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll replace with better quality screen shots later, but cant connect to the site via desktop at the moment

20230128_203125.jpg

20230128_203115.jpg