1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is anyone on the paleo diet?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ROXRAN, Jul 3, 2022.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Had a health check up maybe a couple weeks ago and The doctor said I am very healthy and in every metric besides one,…triglycerides a tad high. Not crazy high but regardless I want to live to be 125 years old -jk but really I want to look at how to approach eating better from a inclusion/exclusion standpoint.

I already cut the fast food. I try to cook and prepare foods as much as possible but I’m thinking of going back to a paleo diet which I tried before and lost weight. Now my outlook is whether it’s sustainable long term and that is my question for anyone that may be doing this

I certainly want to reduce carbs but for those that don’t know the paleo excludes milk, legumes, and grains…everything else is on the table. I love milk and grains but I am hoping to approach the discipline to be strong

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

More or less I’m on low-carb all the time. I feel like utter **** when I eat lots of carbs, especially processed foods.

There are tons of options for low carb grain replacements. Cauliflower rice as a meal base and mashed potatoes are pretty much indistinguishable from the real thing.

Generally I eat meals with protein (mostly chicken) and a small portion of steamed green veggies. If I’m hungry for a snack I’ll have some cheese and a small portion of mixed unsalted nuts.

3. dmoneybangbang

I'm pretty fit but my triglycerides have always been a bit elevated. Maybe genetics, maybe too much booze and candy. Drink less, smoke more weed and nothing but water after 9PM

4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

It’s crazy how you crave carbs but once you eat it, you feel like utter **** like @Xerobull stated correctly…just today I made a change to grilled shrimp with steamed veggies instead of the pizza in the freezer. Feel so much better. Already threw the ice cream away…so tempted to do the same to the bread and cereal but my girls will eat it

5. dmoneybangbang

If you are going to go paleo, then be sure to not skimp on the right high fiber foods. Fiber is very important and was missing from my diet in my 20s; it just makes everything better health wise and make you feel full. Word of caution, ease into the fiber.

[​IMG]

Xerobull likes this.
  6. Xerobull

I've stalled out on weight loss so I decided I needed to double-down on diet. I found a good resource here:

https://fitbodybootcamp.com/wp-content/uploads/2400-Paleo-Meal-Plan.pdf

2400 calories a day is roughly what I need to lose 15-20 lbs. in a couple of months.

I have two things to overcome: I don't currently count calories (easy to deal with) and my wife is the devil when it comes to feeding me; her motto is food=love. She gets a lot of self satisfaction in the family enjoying their food.

dmoneybangbang and jiggyfly like this.
  7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

don't eat seed oils

Xerobull likes this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What's the difference between Paleo and Keo?

I have plateaued on Keto, and I am getting cravings for some things that are not going to be kind to me.

9. Xerobull

jiggyfly likes this.
  10. franchise403

franchise403 Contributing Member

The human body is crazy. I feel like dog crap if I go low carb. It’s horrible. I still stay away from overly processed foods but don’t shy away from rice.