1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

is 10 games above .500 enough to make the playoffs for the lakers?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by robbie380, Dec 18, 2002.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I was just thinking about this because of the Lakers and how they suck now. 10-16 right now and to get to 46-36 they have to go 36-20. Thats a .643 pace or a 52 win season stretched out over 82 games. Each game that goes by the deeper they get in their hole. Two years ago it took 12 over .500 to make it and last year took 6 over .500. Does think that the Lakers just won't have enough to make it? It's starting to look like that more and more everyday. The defense is gone and the Mavs game was their only good game.

2. derrock

derrock Contributing Member

They are also 2-10 on the road and still have 3 more road games (NJ-Phi-Tor) and then the Christmas special against the Kings (with Bibby likely back). If they go 1-3, I think they get no better than the 7 seed in the West. You can't count them out because this team can win at a 65% clip. But with the way they've been losing, it doesn't seem like that's gonna happen. All this team has to do is make the playoffs...if they do, they're playing good ball. Imagine a first round series of Lakers vs. Sac...who's to say the Lakers can't repeat if they were to get out of the first round.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

wow man...how do you find the time to make 24 posts a day??!!?!?

4. derrock

derrock Contributing Member

Not like all my posts are well thought-out...otherwise, I would have to face the truth...I'm addicted to the BBS!!! (or I just have zero life)

I've been visiting the website for 3 years now (I think when we acquired Barkley) but never even noticed the forum until a year ago. I'd always read but never write. This year, started my doctorate here in Northern Cali and to pass the time during finals, I'd have join in on the discussions. Now, I've realized much time has been passed!! Well, when school starts again, my average should go down...well, it should :confused:. I'm very afraid now!!

5. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Um, are you asking if the lakers need to be 52-30 (ten games over .500) or 46-36 to make the playoffs? If the lakers finish 52-30 I think its obvious that they will make the playoffs, and if they finish at 46-36 I think it would be VERY VERY VERY likely that they make the playoffs. I mean the Rockets hold the record for the best ever record to NOT make the playoffs, and that was 45-37, so if they make it to either one of the records you mentioned, they will be in.

6. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

i think it's pretty obvious what he meant. I mean...look at the numbers he provided:

"10-16 right now" + "they have to go 36-20" = 46-36

Honestly, I think that's enough to make the playoffs. Honestly, I think the Lakers CAN do it. But Honestly, I sure hope they don't.