1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Iranians re-elect Hassan to further the reformist cause

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dmoneybangbang, May 20, 2017.

1. dmoneybangbang

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-for-landslide-in-huge-victory-for-reformists

This isn't some huge change, but this is a step in the right direction. The bolded, is where the real big change can come from, electing a more moderate, modern supreme leader.

I thought this was interesting from the article:

Hopefully this will lead to more moderation.

Amiga likes this.
  2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It's great he won by such a big margin after 4 years in office. The will of the majority of the Iranian people is on full display. I wonder when Saudi Arabia will have their very first meaningful election, ever.

The fight over succeeding Khamenei begins in earnest now.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

moderates win in iran after making deal with west to lose the nukes - trump bemoans when iranians will have a govt elected by people that isnt extrem

saudi arabia buys 110B in arms to fund sunni terrorist groups like ISIL, trump bows down and calls them friends

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

As one article said, the election result in Iran didn't fit Trump's narrative so he ignored it. I'd bet $1 million he would have commented had the hardline candidate won. It's so ironic he's doling out the $100 bin Riyadh two days later.

Much of this country's leadership remains stuck in 1979 and refuses to see how Iran has changed since then.

5. Exiled

Exiled Member

I wonder which candidate did this guy vote for ...