1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Iran thought to have shot down Ukrainian 737 by mistake

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by HTM, Jan 9, 2020.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

lol at this.

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Think about the actual results of the action. Where did it get anyone?

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

US satellite surveillance showing the launch of two Iranians missles followed by the explosion of the air craft.

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Of course people won't want to believe it. Perhaps this was a strategy to distract people from over analyzing their weak response.

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

They took responsibility and admitted fault. That’s hardly blaming anyone else. Everyone understands that accident can happen in military confrontation and all party involved cannot escape the fact that this incident does not occur without the confrontation - some people feel like that’s blaming everyone- it’s not, it’s simply a fact.

“Iran admitted it accidentally shot down a Ukrainian jetliner that it mistook for a cruise missile, a dramatic reversal after days of denials that’s likely to add to pressure on an establishment locked in an economic and military confrontation with the U.S.

Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, gave his condolences over the disaster, while President Hassan Rouhani said the Islamic Republic “deeply regrets the disastrous mistake” and vowed compensation for the families of victims.

The commander of the Guards’ aerospace force, Amir Ali Hajizadeh, blamed a failure in communications . The operative who first mistakenly identified the plane as an incoming missile failed to get a second opinion due to a “disturbance” and had only 10 seconds to make a decision, he said.

“When I was certain that this incident had occurred, I truly wished death upon myself, because I’d rather have died than witness such an incident,” Hajizadeh said in a briefing Saturday in Tehran.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's amazing how you can be proven wrong and still act so condescending.

You were wrong man. Flat out wrong. The plane situation was nothing like anything that happened in the Iraq war buildup. Stop your lecturing. You were wrong, it was obvious you'd end up wrong and yet here you are still wagging your finger at us.

Blatz and Yung-T like this.
  7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Their initial response was mechanical or pilot error. They had already bulldozed the crash site. They were protecting the black boxes, saying no US or Boeing involvement and suggested they will handle the data themselves, which is highly unusual.

Iran was giving every indication they were going to try to cover this up. So, yes, it was a surprise move. At least to me. Especially given that there’s a recent example of this sort of coverup and disinformation campaign working.

8. justtxyank

What's more annoying @Mathloom is aside from this plane incident it's like you aren't following the national response to the Iran crisis. There is tons of pushback on everything Trump has done, particularly the assassination so for you to say Americans are just following the same pattern shows your own lack of understanding of the situation.

CometsWin, King1 and Yung-T like this.
  9. justtxyank

They got stuck when US, UK and the Netherlands all had satellite imagery AND an Iranian released the live video. The only person in the world that was going to fall for the "CONSPIRACY!" nonsense at that point was Mathloom.

baller4life315 and Yung-T like this.
  10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I said we do not know what happened, and we do not know what happened. I am the only one in here who didn't show up with Iranian/American military sources to back up my claim. We have nothing but two sides/sources who both have a long history of fabricating evidence for this sort of thing.

If you want to live in willful ignorance, your choice.

11. Mathloom

Supporting Member

There is pushback on Trump no matter what he does, "tons" of it for this thing is a silly anecdote.

I don't know if you're deliberately acting obtuse, but this is below you and I know you to be a reasonable poster.

12. justtxyank

We don't have two sides. We have EVERYONE, even the Iranians, in agreement and then we have you saying "we do not know what happened."

Hakeemtheking, King1 and Yung-T like this.
  13. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Oh yeah "the Iranians" huh?

14. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I don't know what is going on with you, I let the first 2 slide but:

1) Saying I'm out here rooting for Islam for whatever the **** reason
    2) Extrapolating from me saying "we don't know" and that a report is fabricated, that there was a plot by the CIA to blow up the plane
    3) Bundling together Iranians like this quoted post here

There's some dark **** going on in your mind, and it's smelling xenophobic.

15. justtxyank

Xenophobic? Lol

I apologize for the first one as it wasn’t about religion it was about your constant anti USA stance in cases with middle eastern nations.

The rest of your post makes no sense to me

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What is your point? I can’t make out what you’re even trying to say.

Is it that you don’t believe that the plane was accidentally shot down, and that people here are fools for accepting that as the most likely explanation?

Or is it something else?

King1, Newlin and justtxyank like this.
  17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So...are you saying the Iranian government and military are lying about accidentally shooting down the plane?

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Are you f...in illiterate or why are you still spewing this nonsense?

Iran itself came out and said their military shot down the plane due to human error.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Who is 'we' -- people in Saudi Arabia?

B-Bob and justtxyank like this.
  20. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Blame Trump?!?!?!? This accident was waiting to happen, it was going to hit a jetliner eventually because they put those defensive missile too close their vital military asset. Anyone putting a missile defense battery close to an International airport is just asking for it. What is surprising is there are videos of this. In China, you may never see any video of it.