1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

IR players can be traded

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Jan 10, 2001.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

From the big Marbury trade:
    http://nba.com/news/marbury_trade.html

Paul Grant is a 7'0", 245 lbs. center who was the 20th overall pick in the first round by the Minnesota Timberwolves out of the University of Wisconsin in 1997. At the time of the trade, Grant was on the Minnesota injured list with tendinitis in his right knee. He has appeared in four games for the Timberwolves this season with averages of 0.5 points in 2.0 minutes per game. Grant spent the entire 1997-98 season on the injured list with a right midfoot sprain. Grant has been placed on the Bucks injured list.

Scott Williams is a 6'10", 230 lbs. forward/center out of North Carolina (1990). Now in his ninth NBA season, Williams was placed on the injured list February 9, 1999 with stress fractures in both legs. He appeared in two games this season and averaged one rebound and one steal in 8.5 minutes per contest. Williams, now in his fifth season with Philadelphia, began his NBA career with the Chicago Bulls when they signed him as a free agent July 20, 1990. Williams has been placed on the Bucks injured list.

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited January 10, 2001).]

2. Thanos

Thanos Member

Which obviuously leads to the belief that the IR is a safe parking slot, meaning that you are atually PREVENTING a tradeable commodity from being injured in the heat of battle, and thus becoming damaged goods...

i wonder if that applies to Hakeem, Cato´s (stomach virus), Walt´s DNP´s and so on...

what about Fizer? Antonio Davis anyone?

The plot thickens.

------------------
    "I have posted so much that what I say must be true"

[This message has been edited by Thanos (edited January 10, 2001).]

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

That's some damn fine research HP -- thanks for the heads up ...

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

[This message has been edited by Clutch (edited January 10, 2001).]

4. Thanos

Thanos Member

Clutch speaks!

I have to say that i was starting to fear for his personal safety. Maybe a couple of Rocket hired thugs had kidnapped the guy to prevent him from sharing with us his knowledge about this whole damn mess.

Nice to know you´re safe and well, man.

By the way, catched this at: http://www.theprovince.com/grizzlies/stories/010110/5076583.html

- The Denver Post and TSN reported that one reason there has been
    difficulty making a trade involving Abdur-Rahim is that the Grizzlies have
    put forth trade scenarios that also include Bryant Reeves. Together, the
    two players make more than $20 million US this season.

The more i think about, the more it looks likely that we may yet pull this one off.

As Nikestrad already pointed out, it is more a matter of being able to convince Shandon to wait for his bird rights and Mo to take next year´s 4.5 mil exception than anything else.

Reeves is more than welcome if we get Reef.

Few teams are willing to meet a price that steep. But we happen to have all the pieces we need either locked up or ALREADY in the team, needing only some convincing to stay for the long run.

And we still would have a tradeable commodity in Cato, and maybe KT.

It´s a no brainer if we can get the details worked out. Actually those details may be the reason why a week was still needed after the handshake agreement has been reached.

------------------

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Thanos, these same thugs could easily be posting through Clutch's computer to make us think that Clutch is ok. To see if it is an imposter or not, we need to do some detailed analysis: is "damn" something Clutch says? Actually, he does, doesn't he? He knows he can call Heypartner HP, but that should be obvious to anyone who has spent a day here and I'd assume the NBA would do their homework. Would Clutch put a space between a word and the "..."? Here I think is where the answer lies. I believe the rule is that there should not be a space and I do think that Clutch has some decent punctuation from writing I've seen before. Nevertheless, I have seen him make mistakes, and this may be one of them.... Or it could be a less grammatically-gifted imposter!

Thanos, your mission is to read a large selection of Clutch's posts and articles throughout the website. Don't look at anything done this week since it may also have been written by the imposter. Find the old, archived stuff and see if Clutch puts a space between a word and the "...". Do so now because the imposter may go through the site and try to change the evidence -- remember he (if he exists) has access to Clutch's computer! It should take him quite some time to change everything, so you'll have time to do your research. But you must start immediately!

------------------
    RealGM
    Rockets Draft Obligations Summary
    Gafford Art
    Artisan

6. Thanos

Thanos Member

Way ahead of you, Juan.

I´m on it [​IMG]

The evil doppelganger that has replaced our trusted Clutch shall be revealed before our ever faithful eyes in a matter of hours.

fear the wrath of rocket fandom assembled, oh evil one! [​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------

7. Thanos

Thanos Member

Upon further research i haven´t found any proof that the post above wasn´t typed by Clutch himself.

However, a deeper examination of his words:
    "That's some damn fine research HP -- thanks for the heads up ..."

led me to believe that Clutch was somehow disappointed... maybe even bothered by the fact that hp stumbled upon something that we SHOULDN´T know... at least for now.

food for thought.

------------------

8. Heath

Heath Member

Well, I give up- Apparently these scheme is working cuz we got you all dazzled out of your mind. As I feel bad for the Houston community I'm ditching the bad guys and blowing the deal.

The deal that was about to go down, was not a player deal.

Rockets really want out of Houston after needing two referendums to get the stadium deal. But after they got the stadium through they could not just leave (NBA wouldn't let them) so they had to get another current NBA team transfering to Houston. The deal that was about to go down - to AntiSonics utter delight - was bringing the SuperSonics to Houston. This would free up the Rockets to go to a new City, and that was why it was needed some time to get the deal through. In the mean time other teams have gotten leaks about this, and now Utah Jazz has overbid the Sonics to get to the new Stadium - and thats the reason I'm blowing this deal by letting it out into the open. We need to stop the Jazzholes from getting to Houston.

------------------
    Heath
    -where have all the spaces gone?

[This message has been edited by Heath2000 (edited January 10, 2001).]

9. heypartner

Heath,

There is no way I'm making that trade unless the Jazz take our uniforms in the deal.

Besides, how are we going to move both Jim Peterson and Bob Lanier. I know they both ramble and get lost a lot, but can we really expect to just pick them up while they're sitting in their seats and move them to a stadium in a new city? You know how cats have a way of finding their way back to their old home. I think Peterson is the same way. And we just can't let him EVER sit down at his mic thinking he's doing a Rocket's game and then realizing he's supposed to be the Jazz homey. I think he would explode. And if
    Elysa catches wind of an attempt to move Bob, we are in trouble. There is no way she is moving her roses to Salt Lake City. She can get pretty nasty.

10. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

I think the conspiracy here is that Clutch just gave us a hint & the Rocket's thugs have kidnapped several posters, beaten their passwords out of them, locked them up somewhere & are trying to discredit Clutch's hints & generally cause confusion & civil unrest. Either that, or Clutch really needs to give us some more hints, because we are going crazy not knowing & starting these goofy threads. [​IMG]

------------------

11. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

Correction: The thread is not goofy, just the direction it has taken. Thanks for the info Heypartner & I do believe that Clutch's response is a hint about the coming trade.

------------------

12. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

How much time/money is left on Big Fatty's contract?

------------------
    Who's ya daddy?

13. heypartner

don't want to dampen the conspiracy, but I asked Clutch in the game chat about Rocket Rich's thread about no IR trades. None of us knew for sure. Then Aelliott showed themselves and seemed uncertain. So I went hunting and found the article above.

It was hard to find because most searches bring up Fanstasy bball rules about trades. Clutch was just giving me kudos for the difficult search.

carry on...and close the door to the gym basement on the way out.

14. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Do you remember the way Rudy phrased it when the media was asking about Dream going on IR?

Wasn't it something like:

"We don't do deals without consulting with the player first."

Was Rudy acknowledging a trade in a subconcious way?

Mango

------------------
    Lets get the Mo Go working!
    Test Your NBA Trade Ideas
    1. Put new topics in the proper forum.
    Things happening in the rest of the NBA
    2. Use clear wording for new threads.
    3. No duplicate threads
    4. Conduct yourself as an adult.
    The Serious Police are watching.
    Donate Blood or be assimilated!

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If he actually said "deals", that may have been the biggest verbal slip-up in Rockets history... hehe. Hmmm.... we shall see.

------------------
    "Don't slap the glass Mobley, slap my ass...yeeeoooow!" -- HeyPartner decides to out himself. Makes you wonder if he's calling ISO's and 2 Shakes for himself... hehe

16. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I actually think that yall are ALL waaaayyy off base with this...

actually what is happening is that Calvin finally flipped from wearing those AWFUL suits and has hacked into Clutch's computer and has taken control from within!!

[​IMG]

------------------
    Scene: Watching the Utah-Houston game at home.

My daughter: So, those guys in the dark uniforms are the bad guys??

Me: Yes baby, You nailed it on the head!!

I'm so proud of my baby!!

17. Houston Rocks

Houston Rocks Member

("We don't do deals without consulting with the player first."
    Was Rudy acknowledging a trade in a subconcious way?

Mango)

I've listen to Mr. T talk a thousand times. Whenever he is at loss for a word in a conversation, whether it be about anything, he will insert the word "deal". Trust me it doesnt mean anything. I notice it everytime he says the word because it reminds me of someone I know. Rudy says "deal" in every conversation.
    Not that there's anything wrong with that.....

RoCks

------------------

18. Heath

Heath Member

If the deal goes down, both Jazz (or Sonics) and the Rockets are gettin' new uniforms. Not only that due to this being a complete new move for the NBA they will be forced to change their names too. (So the Utah Jazz will not become the Houston Jazz) I think I have told too much already and will keep my mouth shut now and go into hiding to save myself from the consequenses of possibly breaking this trade. Ok - one more hint - Rockets (this name will of course also change) will not move to Utah - It might take a third team going up to Salt Lake City (guess which Los Angeles team) - but the Rockets will move to a new market. Ok, thats it - no more info from me.

------------------
    Heath
    -where have all the spaces gone?

19. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

this just in... you guys are all a bunch of dorks.

20. Thanos

Thanos Member

Now WAIT a minute... (sorry for the triple post, though) why now Clutch? Why has Clutch broken his silence. A 5 day silence, if i´m not mistaken, since he said "brace yourselves, a trade is going down" why now, unless what hp uncovered is of PARTICULAR and PARAMOUNT value as far as the trade that IS about to go down is concerned?

I´m onto something. I know it.

You guys agree or did i finally went over the edge and into utter lunacy with all this trade speculation? [​IMG]

------------------