1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Impeachment???

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by cml750, Nov 6, 2018.

?

Impeach Trump?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

He doesn't need to clear his name.

He hasn't been proven to have done anything with Russia as far as the election

2. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

You are treating him like some sort of ordinary questionable neighbor. He’s the POTUS. There is public doubt based upon plausible (GUILTY AF) evidence. It’s the country’s absolute best interest for him to be as transparent as possible. Again, he’s not some rando.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

His tax returns wouldn't show anything illegal. Gerald Ford is the first candidate to show tax returns. All candidates have been public officials. We already know their income. We know what a senator or governor makes, its public information. Its just a tradition.

There really hasn't been a candidate like Trump. He could show his returns but his returns are personal. He is going to be cleared in this Russian stuff. The only reason he was accused is because he won. Thats unfair to him. He doesn't need to clear his name but returns wouldn't do that. There wouldn't be anything illegal in them. Such a stupid subject

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Okay, so maybe one day you'll learn how tax returns can be used. I'll talk about it at that time.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He said that money was pouring in and that Russians made up a disproportionate amount of their real estate holdings - i.e. they are loaning Trump the money. And Russian oligarchs is one and the same as the Russian mafia which is one in the same as Putin who is essentially the mob boss.

I understand you don't know a lot about how things work but do a little work it's not that hard to find out.

quikkag likes this.
  6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Where does he say they owe money in Russia? You dont know how they funded that real estate

I do know you're rambling

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Dude, do you know how real estate works? Trump didn't have any money! He was BROKE!

#127 Sweet Lou 4 2, Nov 11, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I'm peach mint.

dachuda86 and Surfguy like this.
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Trump was not broke. Some of his companies declared bankruptcy. He personally did not

10. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Lol. Right right right. Keep on casting vague aspersions to justify your hatred.
    We can all play that game.

dachuda86 likes this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

He was worse than broke. He had personal debts nearly $1 billion dollars. I never said he declared personal bankruptcy.

The guy had no choice to borrow to rebuild his empire. And whom do you think lent him all the money? Who could lend someone $3 billion dollars without thinking about it? US banks all turned their backs on him, he was known as "Donald Risk". His businesses were collapsing, he had huge personal debts - who do you think bailed him out? How on earth did he get the billions he needed to rebuild his empire?

quikkag likes this.
  12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You're making this up.

Good summary of Trump debt. Nothing about Russian mob
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...fe54b4-44c4-11e8-8569-26fda6b404c7_story.html

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

14. quikkag

quikkag Contributing Member

It was that very article that finally convinced me to read the book. It's interesting to read the interview again after having read about a quarter of the book. The perspective carries so much more depth. I pick up so much more meaning from what the two discuss.

To quote briefly from that interview: "The case you lay out is pretty damning... As you said, most of this stuff is hiding in plain sight, and although the special counsel investigation is underway, there’s a subset of the country for whom no amount of evidence is enough to persuade them that something wrong has occurred...."

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Oh I am sorry, where is law stating that your gut feeling trumps due process just because. Get out of here. The law will handle it.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Because people are still waiting for actual evidence....

cml750 likes this.
  17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Fair and equal protection under the law …. hmmm.

Joe Schmoe
    POTUS

Both afforded the same rights and protections.

That pesky US Constitution always getting in the way of partisan politics.

(I want to see Trump gone just as much as the rest of you , I think he's a disgrace to the office but …. to impeach him , you have to have a reason , currently they don't have legitimate evidence to proceed)

dachuda86 likes this.
  18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

What specifically do you need to see? If Trump received huge amounts of money from The Russian Mafia does that convince you that he needs to go?

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

A bunch of innuendo. In summary

Trump Tower had a Russian business as a tenant. Trump flew to Russia. He must have Russian Mob ties.

One of the things both you and this article are asserting that is false is Trump couldn't get a loan here. Secondly the Russian Mob or any Mob doesn't have the type of money to fund office buildings. They're just regular gangsters. Not billionaires

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

He couldn't get a loan. Duetche bank that you quoted in a previous article had to pay massive fines for funneling billions of dollars in laundered Russian money through it's Banks.