1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Impeachment inquiry - status - Poll 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DaDakota, Nov 15, 2019.

?

Do you support the Impeachment inquiry?

Poll closed Nov 22, 2019.
  1. Yes

36 vote(s)
    70.6%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    29.4%
  1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I'm sure Pence will bring the changes you're looking for.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He will be hamstrung, any changes will need to happen under a new administration - this one is too corrupt and self serving - the sooner it goes away the better for our country.

DD

3. DaDakota

My generation punctuates - Ok, boomer?

;)

DD

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If the democrats cannot get Trump on all these charges
    The future of the Presidency will be changed forever.

If Trump cannot be impreached. . . . Smarter, More Competent and perhaps far eviler men will come after him
    They will be far more dangerous and perhaps lethal . .. . .
    may even be Mitch McConnell - with a personality

Rocket River

T_Man, DaDakota and justtxyank like this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Correct. People simply have to look back to the Gerald Ford presidency... unlike pence, Ford was well-liked and respected. The only thing Ford was known for was a few errant golf shots and a few stumbles.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

ok zoomer

7. NewRoxFan

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Naw, you're just proving how "ok boomer" works by insisting your generation's way is best, and you ain't changing.

:)

9. cml750

cml750 Member

Trump is very likely to become the first President ever re-elected after impeachment by the House.

10. DaDakota

Nah, enough people like farmers and the blue collar workers have had enough of his bullshit, only the TrumpleBerries will vote for a known crook.

DD

11. NewRoxFan

Which would only show that republicans would elect even a criminal as long as it was a republican criminal...

12. NewRoxFan

btw, this was from October 3rd...

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Isn’t he the first president impeached in his first term? Kind of a silly comment under the context that he’s the first president that even has the ability to be re-elected.

On average he has a 42% approval rating during a thriving economy. His primary rival is consistently polling with double digit leads in swing states like Ohio and Pennsylvania.

You are free to believe whatever you want about 2020, and yes... he could win again... but its not because the Democrats are somehow in your mind embarrassing themselves in these impeachment hearings. The evidence is what it is, and ultimately it’s up to the Senate republicans as to whether or not they want to establish precedent moving forward that it is acceptable for a sitting president to withhold aid from a foreign power unless they help you with your re-election campaign.

Obviously you are okay with that if the person doing so is on your team, but you don’t speak for the swing state Republicans in the Senate who will make the decision and you sure as hell don’t speak for swing voters who will decide who becomes the next president. You are a pure partisan and loyal Trumper whose voice means very little in this discussion.

14. TheresTheDagger

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...o-impeachment-inquiry-jumps-10-points-in-last

Poll: Opposition by independents to impeachment inquiry jumps 10 points

Keep it going Dems! Best campaign tactic ever!

Wattafan and cml750 like this.
  15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I supported the "inquiry" at the outset …. you have to ask all the questions and get the facts.

But after watching each day's testimony …. I think they are pissing in the wind.

There is absolutely no way they get a conviction in the Senate based upon what I heard , and it may not even get to the Senate.

Vindman stated - "Nothing Illegal" in response to I believe it was Stephen Castor's question on illegal actions by Dumpster during the phone call this whole thing started from. After that question , this thing shoulda been shut down and everyone gone home ….

Castor and Elise Stefanik have been the stars of this three ring circus sideshow of freaks ...

16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Pelosi has the votes for impeachment.

Removal from office by the Senate is extremely unlikely. The removal vote will help the Dems in their effort to retake the Senate.

17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I've been saying from day one - If they don't get impeachment AND removal , they are in trouble.

They are already in trouble See below - two posts above mine.,

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Polling since impeachment inquiries started varies greatly among independent. I'm talking about a swing of up to 25 points from poll to poll. I have my hypothesis of why but not going to bother with it. I would guard against taking any single poll as the be-all if I care about polling at all.

The fact is that support for impeachment overall remains stable shortly after impeachment inquiries started. What is significant is that there is a +17 points swing for support for an impeachment process to start and there is a +12 points swing for impeach AND removal (and increase in support among all groups, even Republican). Before starting the impeachment process, most Americans didn't want to have one, not to mention removal. Since then, most Americans support the process AND to remove.

I think unless there is some new bombshell, what we are seeing today is probably where we are already at. It might change a few points, but it likely won't change much. There probably will be a bump after the House impeaches and another one after the Senate acquits.

I don't see a valid argument, using polling data, that it has been politically worse for the democrats to start impeachment process - that's just not what the poll said. The poll said the opposite. Again, if you care only about polling and politic instead of doing the right thing.

T_Man likes this.
  19. cml750

cml750 Member

Criminal? ROTFLMAO

[​IMG]

20. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

News Flash.... They may not be a Republican...

T_Man