1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Immigration Crisis in Europe - what should be done?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Sep 3, 2015.

1. HTM

HTM Member

I mean, this is just rewording the question you asked before. If you want to continue to make an a** of yourself go right ahead but I'm done with you for today.

You're really an angry little man. It's kinda sad.

jiggyfly and fchowd0311 like this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Don't know what happened to FC buty he has been on one lately.

3. malakas

malakas Member

The country has lost is marbles.

From dusk till dawn all media are blaring "INVASION! WE ARE UNDER ATTACK! PROTECT OUR BORDERS!"

24/7 coverage of the valiant efforts of the soldiers, the army and the police fighting the enemies!
    Invaders are fighting with tooth and nail cutting fences, throwing stones and tear gas to enter.

People are gathering food and clothes and give it to the soldiers as they pass by the streets.

Volunteers are gathering from everywhere to go the border and citizens with hunting guns along with the national guard are doing patrols all night hunting down illegals.

I believe I have been transported back to WW2.

Bat **** crazy.
    Now needless to say the whole nation has moved three steps to the right and every real xenophobic fascist has come out of their holes and are even given a platform to announce their hate speech.

This is the result of an irresponsible european immigration policy.
    It brings the worst out of people, the moderates are ostracised and only the extremists get a voice.

In the beginning we the islanders were left all alone and had to say enough, no more immigrants.
    Now I have to say enough to the other side when I see arsons at humanitarian camps, attacks at NGOs and attacks.

Till now there has been ZERO terrorist islamistic attacks in the country even though hundred of thousands of jihadists have passed through and probably many still are stuck here. (What a funny coincidence, right?)

All that is left is for a terrorist to struck for mob lynching to take place next.

Yung-T likes this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Greece is making Syrian refugees' lives hell

The best way I can describe the Turkish/Greek border is “hell on earth”. Of an evening, much of the ground is engulfed in flames; the ground is extremely dry, so as Greek border police throw smoke grenades, the vegetation catches fire. All you can hear is screaming, ammunition and sound grenades; all you can smell is smoke, teargas and the rancid conditions in which people here are forced to live.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voice...reece-border-police-teargas-a9390856.html?amp

5. Nook

Nook Member

Having spoken to some friends in Greece and a professor that lives in the border of Greece...... I am really concerned about the stability and quality of life and safety in Greece over the next few decades at least. It isn't getting much coverage in the USA and not adequate coverage internationally but it is a powder keg. I am not sure what the solution is and with so much going on around the world, I am not sure how much help Greece will get from outside her borders.

RayRay10 and malakas like this.
  6. malakas

malakas Member

Our quality of life will improve because most of our old people will die soon so wont' have to pay their pensions.:rolleyes: Then we can take these immigrants to renew our population. That is probably the ones in charge plan for the future.

But really what is sure to happen is that a country that has been for decades left leaning will turn to the extreme right to the point of making Orban proud.
    The main reason it hasn't happened yet with all kind of "refugees" passing through is our milleniums old friendship with the Levantine Arabs, and that there hasn't been any terrorist attacks.
    But after this..

Nook likes this.
  7. KingCheetah

Syrians are getting ****ed so hard from every angle -- what a terrible life outlook.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. malakas

malakas Member

The real Syrians especially family people are welcomed still and helped. There is no Arabophobia in greece, especially with Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese.
    The others who are the vast majority is the problem. I am sorry we can't save every poor people in the world.

KingCheetah likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

How far right do you think it goes? Are we talking a quasi dictatorship?

10. KingCheetah

I agree but it's still a sad situation for the good people who are exhausted from living in a non-stop war and just want a peaceful life.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

No this is out of the question.
    Okay..not to talk in absolutes after all Trump became a president which a few years ago looked like a bad joke.

But it is extremely unlikely. My parents generation as students fought against a military dictatorship. Students vs tanks.

Then after this, their fight has been considered a very crucial point of our history, many popular revolutionary songs were written in that time, and the educational system makes sure that every student from elementary school knows all about it. The day of the revolution is a school holiday.

Thats one of the reasons we are very left leaning and we have a considerable amount of anarchists.
    Just saying the word dictatorship is like a red cloth to a bull in greece

To form the attitude of a population you have to control their education. Like the CCP for example makes sure to brainwash all children from the nunneries.
    Here we are educated to instictively oppose every kind of dictatorship and military junta to the death. At least the vast majority there sure are some small minority dictatorship admirers .

It will be a populist nationalistic kind of right wing. And xenophobic.

mdrowe00 and Nook like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

Well that is good. The issue with immigration needs to be properly addressed sooner than later as I have seen how irrational people can become when they are under extreme stress. Turkey is clearly using the refugees as pawns in this this whole situation as a way to influence relations with Greece and the rest of the world.

malakas likes this.
  13. malakas

malakas Member

Who knows how long Erdogan can survive. Turkey is in teh brink of financial ruin and the coronavirus will not be kind.
    I am sure the one who will pay the price of his death rattles will be us and the refugees.

We have probably one of the worst neighbours any developed country could have at this point. Except South Korea.

14. Nook

Nook Member

I have wondered about Erdogan for sometime but he seems to always survive. Even if his country is hit hard with illness I wonder if he will play the geopolitical game and rely on foreign support to keep him in power. Turkey is going backwards as a nation. I cannot imagine having a border with them under the current political environment.

15. malakas

malakas Member

The shame of Europe the camp of Moria was arsoned and burned to the ground by the same people it was hosting.

The "refugees" and poor peaceful migrants who after learning that some of them have to be isolated due to having Covid19 decided to burn the whole village down destroying properties and houses so they can blackmail the state into being given an asylum.

They threw stones at the firefighters stopping them from putting out the fire and then chanted and celebrated as they saw the place burning down.

Well now I hope they can enjoy the rest of stay in the autumn in the hard ground until the mass deportations process is fast tracked again.

Poor refugees. :rolleyes:

Corrosion and RayRay10 like this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Very sorry to hear about the latest crisis with Syrian refugees. I agree that Greece, Italy and other entry point countries shouldn't bear the brunt of dealing with refugees. This is an issue that the rest of the EU should help out with and frankly the US should help out too. Unfortunately with Brexit, anti-immigrant parties in other countries and xenophobia here in the US there is little will do do more.

As a personal story the former coach of the Syrian National Judo Team came to Minnesota as a refugee a few years ago. Last year he got his family out of Syria. The first Judo school he found was the University of MN where I was coaching at and it's been a real privilege to have him here to train with. There are many many more like him of refugees with skills and reject both the Assad Regime and also Islamic radicals. People like that can be a real benefit to other countries but it's not easy for them to get to other countries.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Bump.

German police released new crime statistics for 2015-2019 and they are quite shocking:

Although asylum seekers only make up 1/50th of the German population, they committed 13.3% of assaults with grievous bodily harm and 14.9% of murder&homicide since 2015.

This is absolutely nuts and shows how severe the recent immigration issues have become, politicians have really failed us.