1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ime Udoka after Rockets misfire from three in loss in Minnesota

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 2, 2024.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes people keep bringing up micro-ball unit
    6'3" Westbrook........6'0" CP3
    6'3" Austin Rivers
    6'3" Eric Gordon
    6'3" Ben McLemore
    5'9" Chris Clemons
    6'0" DJ Augustin
    6'4" Harden
    6'5" PJ Tucker ........Covington 6'8"

6'10" Ryan Anderson (non center big)

That team doesn't look like mine
    6'7" Amen Thompson
    6'5" Jalen Green
    6'8" Cam Whitmore
    6'8" Tari Eason
    6'11" Jabari Smith

(On the bench Steven Adams 7'0".......Jock Landale 6'11")

Different teams......and I want more wings. Dalton Knecht is around 6'7" over 50% from 3

#41 ApacheWarrior, Apr 3, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
    Y2JT likes this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It appears that you forgot someone there Sir.

3. Y2JT

Y2JT Member

I love the fit of Knecht. I have him as my first choice player this year due to his size advantage over Sheppard.

I am interested in how you would find significant playing time for him however? With Green, Cam, Tari and Brooks plus Amen who won't be a full time PG yet there are a lot of wings needing minutes.
    With an amateurs attempt at mocking the rotation I found him 6 minutes and that involved Fred averaging 30 and Dillon 26 which would be significant reductions. Obviously that assumes everyone is healthy.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes, a mock draft I looked at this morning has Knecht going two slots earlier (at #6).

This particular mock had us getting Justin Edwards (6'7" SF/Wing)

Then a similar Jaylon Tyson (6'7" SF / Wing) both look good as 3 & D wings.
    --------------

In a perfect world Fred VanVleet expiring $40M contract gets moved in the summer.
    I was told that expiring year (this summer) would be easy to move. Final year (next summer ) being non guaranteed $$

Please move Dillon Brooks and his $20M per year over the next 3 years as well. Another one I was told
    would be easy to move. SHOW ME STONE

They could move both FVV and Dillon freeing up around $60 million if done to teams way under the cap
    and avoid taking back players equalling their respective pay rate. Harder to do during the season when
    rosters are set.

-------------
    Most of the roster would then be interchangeable between positions 1-5 with exception of
    Aaron Holiday (6'0")
    Steven Adams (7'0")
    Jock Landale (6'11)

Sengun playing the 4 (PF) & 5 (C).......again perfect world has Sengun shooting 3's over the summer.
    Then both Jalen Green and Sengun get extensions.

Justin Edwards (6'7")

Jaylon Tyson (6'7")

5. Ancient Moabite

I was more so just joking about the small ball because its a been there done that

In your lineup I would trade AS for Bari and bring Eason off bench

I feel AS will improve both his 3pt/ft% between now and Oct.

Your line up is more my style, but another legit 6'10'' + body is a must for starting lineup

But your small ball lineup would be deadly in spurts, rather short/long

If Dalton is best player avail then they should select him

Or get some much needed size (Edey??) on the cheap, just watching Cavs/Suns is a reminder of that

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Miss firing from 3 has been one of our biggest problems all year.
    I hope the summer brings a remedy of some kind.

7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Edey more than likely will be Super late first or early second rounder, because he is projected to only be able
    to play 18-20 minutes at the NBA level. At least initially.

Depending on lottery results, we get Nets pick around #8.
    I don't think Zach Edey gets past #31 - #35 (second round).
    -------------

Amen (6'7").......Jalen Green (6'5").......Cam Whitmore (6'8")....Jabari (6'11").....Sengun (6'10")

Holiday (6'0")...Dalton Knecht (6'6")........Tari Eason (6'8").......Tari Eason..........Jabari
    .........................Justin Edwards (6'7")...........Jabari.....................Sengun..............Steven Adams
    Jalen Green.....
    Jaylon Tyson (6'7")......Knecht-Edwards-Tyson..Jock Landale...Sengun
    Jalen Green.....Cam Whitmore.......................Tari..........................Jabari..............Jock Landale

Jalen Green.............Amen?...........................Amen.........................Amen..............Amen?

It's like an endless amount of possibilities.

Knecht curling around screens and shooting. Ime
    could get creative. People claim I hate white people
    but yet I've promoted trading for Herro, Duncan Robinson, Olynyk in the past.

Aaron Holiday, we need some someone to help guard smallish point guards if Amen can't. Amen is
    getting credit for checking SGA, Fox and others tall and small.

As long as Sengun shoots better from 3....then can play Sengun with either Landale/Steven Adams.
    Sengun out on the perimeter while either Adams or Landale setting screens (offensively).

Defensively it can be like the way the T-Wolves run Gobert and KAT together. Sengun guards
    an area out on the perimeter while Adams or Landale plays Drop Coverage.

Of course, the offense during this streak has been only second to one team in ORtg.
    And just so you know,
    Rockets Jan 5th (w/Sengun): 93.7 ORtg
    Rockets Feb 4th (w/Sengun): 89.6 ORtg
    Rockets April 2nd (w/o Sengun): 110.2 ORtg

Small ball has its advantages, both we can try having the best of both worlds. Try finding
    a happy median. Remember I stated that Harden-Embiid/Tobias would not work in advance.