1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm Proud of the Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Dude, I am talking about now. I never said Les is a bad owner. I just wish he wouldn't mind perhaps losing some money by doing a big trade or something. Bring in some needed depth.

I only said that Because of how much money McNair has put into the Texans so far.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I understand, but people act like it isn't a comparison, like its McNair and then everyone else. Let's just keep in mind who brought championships here.

Lets also keep in mind that Les let Rudy have free reign with the free agent signings and draft while not even selling half of his Tickets. Its not his fault it hasn't worked out perfectly.

The only money he's put into the Texans so far is money he had to. Lets wait until some contracts come due before we start talking about all the money he spends. I'm not saying he won't but its just a little premature to talk about the money he has spent.

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I agree with you. I mean, I posted my first post with out thinking much about what I was saying. I mean, that post of mine was typed around 4am I think.

So I was just mumbling crap. The whole Texan's Organization has done a damn good job so far I think. I mean, we might get 6 wins this year.

In 1+ years we could be playing for the post season, with the reality of making it.

4. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

eric.. good point.. Looking back I'm really glad the texans got casserly and capers hired early so they had a lot of time to work on things ..

I really like casserly.. and i know it was kind of up in the air at some point on if they should hire capers a year early or offseason before or whatever...

and I had to thank casserly and mcnair for the fact that I've gotten to meet most the players in the past two years and they all seem to be classy people compared to a lot of other athletes.. good job with keeping their players acting right towards the fans...

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

ummmm...i disagree...we wouldn't even be talking about football in houston if it weren't for mcnair's pockets. that was a damn big check for the franchise fee alone.