1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Illegal alien deporated twice before responsible for the death of NFL Colts LB

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by sugrlndkid, Feb 6, 2018.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Does his immigration status have anything to do with his DUI?

No Worries likes this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Not sure what the message here is. It's not like he was welcomed back after being deported twice. We'll always have illegals even with The Wall.

There will probably be similar tragic stories two years later even when we're well into the English Only No Brown Era.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Of course, in quote attributed to Rahm Emanuel by republicans isan't accurate nor complete... here's what he actually said:

But here we go... trump supporters jumping on a tragic event and using it to support the trump wall.

And the next time a school gets shot up or there is any other mass shooting, republicans will say "you can't use a tragedy to push gun control".

R0ckets03 likes this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If he wasn't illegally in the country, the innocent person is still alive. That wasn't hard now was it?

Dark Rhino, cml750 and RocketsLegend like this.
  6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I thought we didn't politicize tragic deaths? Or is it just gun massacres?

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What do you mean "we", you do it all the time kiddo.

8. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I was surprised it took this long for a thread to be created on this topic, even though it was mentioned in one (Go ICE!) of the many other threads about immigration already.

People that actually think The Wall will stop this are really stupid. I think it would create a bigger divide down the line. Having said that, they have to do something about immigration here. There is absolutely no reason someone should be deported twice..and still end up back in this country illegally. Deport the first time, and if it happens again, make sure he doesn't come back... But that is the hardest part.

CometsWin likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

Okay?

Anecdotal evidence, a favorite tactic of some folks.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The guy was deported twice (with good cause, it seems like) and still came back. Don't think anybody either left or right, cares about keeping someone like him in the country. That's why it took so long for a thread to be created it on here, only desperate fools would attempt to turn this into a partisan issue.

11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I'm not a huge fan of the wall because I think that money could be more effectively used. But, one thought is if the wall is built, it will passively prevent illegal immigration rather than active programs that will have continuous costs. Although it's a high initial investment, it could make border patrol's job easier that there could be a breakeven point somewhere in the future.

That's all assuming the wall will actually prevent any illegal immigration. You'd think a physical barrier would make it harder. Are there any reports/surveys to how effective Trump's wall would be? How easy is it now for people to cross the border with the current barriers?

12. NewRoxFan

At trump's televised MS-13 meeting... noteworthy that congressman Comstock is a republican in northern Virginia and considered to be a vulnerable seat.

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

If the Vegas shooter wasnt able to "collect" Semi-Automatic Rifles (possibly Full-Auto) and Bump-Stocks, 59 people would be alive today. Am I doing it right?

14. NewRoxFan

15. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I agree the money could certainly be spent elsewhere. I also agree wall would potentially make it a lot harder for immigrants to get over/across, as well as make the immigration patrol jobs easier, but I think it would make it more dangerous for patrol as people would likely be throwing bombs at the wall all the time. Or something similar.

The problem is, we all know they need to do something and do something fast and efficiently. But what would it be? Creating a giant wall would take a lot of work and a lot of time. Which would then need maintenance, repairs, etc as long as it is still there. Then how do you prevent tunnels, people creating ladders, etc to get by it. They already tunnel drugs, money, people and etc. under ground into the USA.

It would probably become a giant protest at hot spot similar to the Berlin Wall at some point.

16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Only crimes by illegals count ... in the Trump America.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

That's what I'm curious about. I know tunnels get dug for drug trafficking because the money is there. But for people smuggling, it's much more rare and those are the people who probably don't have the means to dig a tunnel.

How durable will the wall be? How effective is it to prevent illegal immigration? Maintenance will be cheaper than staffing more border patrol. Is it worth it? I know its impact on animal migration is one big negative to a physical barrier. Any other surveys? I'm still leaning no and they'd have to do a good job of convincing me to believe it's worth it.

davidio840 likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

We have technology that is superior such as an array of advanced sensors and drones.

Far more cost effective, pragamtic and the least intrusive.

19. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

You know.. I think I read someplace that the gentlemen who sold the Las Vegas shooter all that ammunition got charged or something...

20. NewRoxFan

I know older studies showed that castle walls combined with moats filled with alligators were more effective than the walls alone. And when supplemented with large vats of burning oil... even more effective.

Don't have a link to the study, but I think it was in the medieval times...

No Worries, fchowd0311 and mdrowe00 like this.