1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ilhan Omar tweets and other news

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 18, 2019.

1. TheresTheDagger

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/Ne...f-being-a-foreign-agent-legal-deposition.html

US Rep Ilhan Omar accused of being a foreign agent – legal deposition

2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

It's just fake news until Fox News reports it.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If you read the article beyond the top line it’s a pretty thin accusation substantively. A guy in court via webinar claimed that the Qataris told him a bunch of politicians and journalists are bought off by Qatar.

.... Yeah no crap. Look no further than Trump who has circumstantial evidence galore of financial entanglements from Qatar that compromise his decisions.

I think a proper investigation beyond the Mueller report is warranted for sure. The reason the Bill Barr DOJ will never do it though is because getting Omar might mean that they have to see all the other evidence that politicians and donors on their side are also liable for charges.

It’s just like the Jeffery Epstein case. Everyone thinks the other side has something to hide there but neither wants to uncover ALL of the truth. They want to control what does or does not get revealed.

Omar should not be pushed out of office or indicted on this level of frivolous accusation, but it absolutely does warrant pressure on the Bill Barr DOJ to stop turning a blind eye on foreign powers being able to buy off our politicians.

FranchiseBlade, BigDog63 and mdrowe00 like this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. mick fry

mick fry Member

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps: Why didn't we think of that! Thanks Ilhan! :eek:

But then of course they probably have already thought of it. As has many a jihadi, I would think. I'm a little surprised ISIS never did it. And of course someone that would like to see us jump off the precipice into a war in Iran -- like a China or Russia -- could sponsor an attack as well and frame the Iranians. Lots of potential there.

B-Bob and jiggyfly like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

10. TheresTheDagger

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I hope she isn't re-elected ....

12. Buck Turgidson

I wish any of the bought-and-paid politicians in Texas would stand up to entities like Kinder Morgan.

Maybe someday.

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The more I hear about her, the more I like her. I honestly don't see what's not to like.

14. Buck Turgidson

15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You know that M4A isn’t complete control over healthcare right?

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

hiw about they’re b****ing going it because they don’t have complete control? Not that complex. Might not be true, but certainly not illogical.... as dumbasses tweet implies.

18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Speaking as someone living in her district, in fact her campaign headquarters are in my neighborhood. There are a lot of questions around her regarding corruption. The whole issue with her marrying her campaign manager is very murky and at best seems pretty unseemly. She's also made a lot of divisive statements and I have friends who are Jewish who live in her district who are not only not going to vote for her but are campaigning against her. She is facing a facing a legitimate primary challenge from lawyer and Lutheran Minister Antone Melton-Meux who is also African-American and on the issues is pretty close to Omar.
    https://antoneforcongress.com/about/
    He's still got a significant uphill climb as incumbency is a huge advantage in this race. I haven't seen polling so don't know where the horse race is.
    There is no significant Republican challenge and the winner of the DFL primary is nearly guaranteed the seat.

RayRay10, jiggyfly and Os Trigonum like this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I really hope she wins.