1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you're having login issues...

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Clutch, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

We upgraded the BBS software on Saturday. The cookie settings were changed and for some people, the board won't clear their previous cookie by logging out. Some have said also that they try to login, but it doesn't work.

So if you're having login issues, please do the following:

1. Clear all cookies from your web browser related to clutchfans (<a href="http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=2" target="_blank">Please follow this link</a> if you do not know how to clear the cookies from your web browser).

2. Clear your temp internet files or cache in your web browser.

3. Close all instances of your web browser.

4. Restart your web browser and proceed to ClutchFans to login, making sure the "Remember Me" box is checked.

If you're still experiencing issues, please contact me at clutch@clutchcity.net.

1 person likes this.
  2. Asiya

Asiya Member

..did the ability to use different skins change?...I cannot get the one I have always used...only the default which really hurts my eyes...I did all the steps above and still no option...

..thankee..

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

4. k-money

k-money Member

quick reply

I have noticed with this new "software" downloaded that there is a quick reply. also the post box has changed too. it is now running smoothly for me.

5. Asiya

Asiya Member

..thanks...sorry I didn't look at the forum but just the thread title before I posted...

6. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I know this is a minor change, but the entire forum description on the main forum page used to be links, now it's just the forum title. Kind of hard to get used to after clicking the description for so long.

7. dmc89

dmc89 Member

I don't see the Clutchfans favicon in my bookmarks toolbar anymore. Instead I see a different gray blue icon that looks nothing like the old one (it has a similar color to the color scheme of the new software). Can y'all change it back?

8. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Yeah, I miss that feature :(

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Sorry about that ... should be fixed now.

There may be other things like that ... I appreciate it you letting me know as you find them.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

got to love how the new "Quick Reply" doesn't have smilies for Swoly-D

1 person likes this.
  11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Totally dig the upgrades!

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I did not think about this because the site has always been bbs.clutchfans.net for me, but I also had .com pointing here. I just noticed that logging in at bbs.clutchfans.com did not work at all, so I've redirected all the .com loads of the board to .net. Hopefully that fixes the issue for many...

13. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

The board layout looked entirely different for about an hour earlier today, but it appears to have gone back to normal now. During that hour, it gave you the ability to message other posters through their y! screen name, ICQ, etc.. this was listed under their username. I think the rep button was in the bottom left-hand corner as well.

Is that what the board is moving toward, or will it keep it as is?

14. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Just us making adjustments to the new software. There were hundreds to be made today, so that stuff may have gotten out there a little too long.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Some cool improvements. I like the arrow on quotes that will take you back to the quoted post. I don't know how many times I've seen a response and had to search backward to see the context of the previous statement.

Not sure what Clutch's intentions are with the Community stuff. Do you talk about it somewhere?

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:(

[​IMG]

:p

You don't think I already know how to write them without "clicking" on "smilies"? :p , rolleyes, grin, cool, etc.?

#16 SwoLy-D, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  17. Sajan

Sajan Member