1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you were going to show off a PC game...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VesceySux, Nov 20, 2007.

1. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

... what game would it be? I'm trying to decide what would be appropriate and relevant to display on a laptop at CES. The first game I immediately gravitated towards was Crysis, but DAMN, that game is seriously demanding on the specs side. I tried out the demo yesterday afternoon (playing games at work ftw!), and I really liked what I saw, but I had to throttle back the resolution and graphics a lot to get it to play smoothly. So, I'm wondering at this point if Crysis is really worth it. Perhaps I should show a game that I could max out, detail-wise, to make it more impressive? If so, what game would that be? Keep in mind that I want something that'll be relevant in mid-January, when CES takes place. (Also, assume that the specs on the laptop will be as top-of-the-line as you can get today.)

Your thoughts?

2. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Get an Alienware laptop, and you can play Crysis. Those damn things can go SLI now...geez.

Forgot to suggest some games...

Call of Duty 4
    Bioshock
    Dork warning: Lord of the Rings Online hahah Actually looks really good, especially for an online game.

Assassin's Creed looks impressive, I haven't seen it first hand yet.

#2 EssTooKayTD, Nov 20, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  3. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego

4. lpbman

lpbman Member

Unreal Tournament 3 Demo Beta vCTF

5. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

[​IMG]

The hunting missions should be pretty cool to show off, and if you can make it oregon in the time you have to show it off, you would be considered elite and would probably get some nice lookin chicks.

#5 bladeage, Nov 20, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  6. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Wow, I was seriously SO gonna say that...

Also, Titanic: Adventure Out Of Time.

You gotta play it before you knock it.

7. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Half Life 2 : Deathmatch FTW!!!

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

or even Orgeon Trail.

how the freak do you spell ORGEAN blah

9. VesceySux

Not a bad idea. I'll try fooling around with that demo later.

How is COD4? Is it impressive visually?

Bioshock is also on the short list, but by the time CES rolls around, the game will have been out for months. Kind of worried about looking "behind the times", if you will.

I know for a FACT that Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego > Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego.

10. EssTooKayTD

CoD4 water effects could be better, but the human models, faces, lighting, textures and such are very nice in my opinion.

Scenes like when you are looking at the SAS guy in the chopper and he's got a cigar in his mouth, is pretty impressive. The mission where you are a sniper in a guille (sp?) suit is impressive too.

Perhaps look at some screenshots on gamespot.com?

Here's one I found on google search:

[​IMG]

11. VesceySux

OMG, I just played through the COD4 demo in 1600x1200 full everything (smooth as butter!). I never liked the old COD games, but damn is this one amazing! We have a new front runner in the race!

12. EssTooKayTD

It's a hell of a game man. Just sucks that the single player is so short. The multiplayer is still fun too though. But yeah, play through the whole game if you go buy it. It's awesome.