1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we flame out in the first round, do we trade Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Mar 8, 2020.

?

If we flame out in the first round, do we trade Harden?

1. Yes

78 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. No

89 vote(s)
    53.3%
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

well is memphis going to pull off a min 10 game winning streak with their schedule, and everyone below them that has a chance, add 4-5 games on top of that for the rockets to be out of the 8th seed

2. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

You my friend have a full house because Harden does not seem to care about contested shots on his iso's. He's content to let the three's fly no matter the opposition.

You might call it stat padding!?

I have always said "whoever misses the most gets blamed the most!"

3. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

You can trade Harden for lottery picks and sign jr smith and melo for the low in the offseason!

4. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I say no. We have one more year. If next year is the same or worse I’ll be ok with just rebuilding and trading everyone. We would prob only keep Harty and Clemons if he still around. But if we need to send Harty on a package it will be fine too.

first let’s try to get a coach that can get Harden accountable. Spurs won’t make the playoffs this year maybe we can try to convince Pop to come.

I’m hoping the team can turn it around. The last games we lost mainly because of our team inability to play with energy and focus. Their offense looks awful and it’s the same team that won 6 in a row. Is not like capela made that much of a difference. mita the fact that players aren’t playing with any passion and aren’t caRing enough.

I’m looking at House, Gordon and Harden.

then P.J. needs to do more

Russ, Robert pretty much everyone else is doing something to help. Except the first three. And the team goes as Harden goes. It doesn’t matter if Gordon or House play horrible. They have play like trash for a stretch yet Harden still carried the team. something is up with Harden and he needs to snap out of it. Or if he is hurt he should rest. If he is partying too much he needs to cut it and focus on his craft and work. He gets Pay to hoop and he says he loves it. Well if he does he needs to go back to playing like last year Harden or the previous years. If he is bother by something he needs to talk and express what is wrong. Idk what it is but he needs to figure it out because is all on him and he is affecting the team and their chemistry.

5. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yes he is mine too but idk what’s up with him this past games. Like the last 20 or so games. Weird Russ was playing bad then when Russ got his shot Harden started to decline.

anyway I hope Morey stays but if he is gone maybe it would be for the better. It would mean one less person on our team that the media and NBA has a bias against. But I think Morey will stay.
    Whatever happens this year Mike is probably gone first. Perhaps even if we win a chip he would be gone idk maybe not if we do win. im sure Morey would love to trade Gordon too and I hope he is traded next season. He is just so unreliable nowadays.
    Then it would be next season the last season we could have Harden if he doesn’t win or if things aren’t working.
    So everyone would be traded except probably Harty, Clemons and maybe we would keep Covington unless we get a good trade for him. Everyone else gone.

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

7. BigBum

BigBum Member

Id trade WB to Hawks for 4 Firsts and bad contracts in 2021,
    I’d trade harden to Cavs for 4 Firsts and bad contracts in 2021.

8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

If the Rockets Flame out this season, the outlook for next season and beyond is pretty dull. Neither Westbrook OR Harden is getting any better or younger... in fact its the opposite.

If the goal is to win the title ASAP - Don't trade Harden/Westbrook as they still give the best (if small) chance of winning right now.
    If the goal is for the best chance to win title in the future - trade Harden & if possible Westbrook. Harden will net a BIG return... Westbrook eh.
    If the goal is to enjoy Harden's career, while also being competitive - don't trade
    If the goal is to enjoy a new brand of basketball/rebuild, start younger - trade everyone

mockster likes this.
  9. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

No ty on Hayward. But it would be nice if Harden was traded to a contender in the east. I would take the picks and then use those picks for better player. Maybe to the team with the most picks. Trade Harden and Russ there ;p
    Anyway is too early to talk about trading Harden. Let’s wait another season after this.

BigShasta likes this.
  10. mockster

mockster Member

You CF fans are something else

start of the season hardens historic scoring was praised and people were saying he’s on par with MJ and Kobe

harden has a bad shooting stretch and now he’s the worst

people forget even MJ had poor shooting nights, this all means nothing. The problem is harden is so focused on shooting the three and when you live and die by the three your shooting slumps are even worse because you can’t lift yourself out of it by shooting mid rangers. Plus harden refuses to accept when he’s off and continues to shoot in hopes he will get on

Nothing but the classic what have you done for me lately bs

plus cmon on now we all know harden is retiring a rocket.

alethios and Mr Chuck Norris like this.
  11. dawesome

dawesome Member

Harden is the most unpredictable super star. One day he's playing top notch offense and defense, the next game he plays like a G league player trying to proof something. We don't even know who he is until the game ends because he could also go on fire on 4th quarter...

12. theglyde1121

theglyde1121 Member

No, that's an overreaction.

13. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

These guys have been overreacting for months.

A G-League player still doesn't shoot 52% from the FG without 3pt shots since January. A G-League player doesn't still average around 30 points, over 7 assists, 7 rebounds and 1.5 steals a game since he's supposedly declined (which is from early January).... and that's with Westbrook having the ball way more than him in most games. Oh, and he's been getting constantly been getting double teamed and having 2 or 3 guys on him when he drives to the paint He's also only been averaging around 4 turnovers a game since then. Any other player in the league would kill for those stats.

James Harden has become too good that even stats like that make him look average. These haters are going to regret talking crap and wanting to trade him.

14. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

pathetic thread

15. dawesome

dawesome Member

Come on guys, I don't hate Harden. Never ever crossed my mind for him to be traded. It's stupid. It's just my frustration why our Rockets are losing... Doesn't make sense

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

No.

EDIT: The fact that the poll is 50% YES tells you the state of this message board. :rolleyes:

bobloblaw likes this.
  17. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I personally wouldn't. I'd rather trade Westbrook to be honest as part of a duo, he's been unable to get out of the 1st round since KD departure. Couldn't carry the load together with George and if unable to carry the load with Harden, would be yet another example of what 4 years in a row 1st round exits?

Whereas Harden as the primary go to guy, at least up until this potential post-season, has been to 2nd round and WCF. With G-Leaguers, and healthy, he's shown a capacity to carry a basketball team for at least a month or two stretch in the regular season to nab you a 50 win season and at least 1st round HCA. You just don't get rid of a player like that.

I dunno if Harden was the one that pressed the CP3 trade or it was a Fertitta decision pushed onto DM, but really the Rockets could be so much better than they are now if they just stayed pat.

I think as long as the Rockets get another matchup vs the Jazz, they should at least make it to the 2nd round this year. Get healthy and try to think positively. I mean after the Drexler trade in 94-95, the Rockets finished the regular season with a record of 15-18 with Dream missing the last 8 games of the regular season. Then a flip was switched on and the Rockets played their best brand of ball. It's my personal hope that the Rockets peak in April-May while working out whatever growing pains and injuries they're dealing with.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is an amazing offensive talent, but has proven time and time again to not be a good leader, and he is lazy at times and pouts....

We will miss him but we should trade him after this year while we can still get value - he needs someone strong to hold him accountable - to win, he won't get that here.

DD

smoothie_king and bleedroxred79 like this.
  19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This is objectively false. Outside of this 26 game stretch, Harden is actually one of the MOST predictable superstars. The guy was a walking 30 ppg, 7+ assists, with double digit FTs. Give me a break with the hyperbole.

20. arubato

arubato Member

I guess watching the draft lottery is more exciting than watching playoffs for those who want to trade Harden.