1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If two guys are kissing in front of you, are you weirded out?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Pizza_Da_Hut, May 13, 2014.

Tags:
?

Are you weirded out by two guys kissing?

1. Yes

93 vote(s)
    62.4%
  2. No

49 vote(s)
    32.9%
  3. What's kissing?

7 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Simple question with a poll. Does it seem weird when on TV, in public, or any other setting you see two guys kissing?

2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I'd be weirded out by anyone kissing in front of me. Keep that private.

1 person likes this.
  3. basketballholic

Bingo.

4. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

My cousin is currently a duck, but is a Portland fan. :(

5. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I'm pretty open minded about that stuff. If people are gay, whatever that's what makes them happy. But when watching that clip of Michael Sam, it just disturbed me. I found it very hard to keep my eyes on the TV. I guess it's just something I'm not used to seeing.

1 person likes this.
  6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Dealing with these Blazer fans has been a nightmare. I was half hoping for a sweep so I could say "hey, the blazers got as many wins in the second round as the rockets did this year".

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

See I consider myself the same way. For some reason whenever I see two girls kissing I'm fine with it, heck half the time I even have that 16 year old response of say "that is hot" or something of the like. For some reason, two guys kissing to me is like looking into the sun, I can't look right at it and for some reason it just feels weird. Does that make me homophobic? I'm not sure. I still believe in equality and gay marriage, I guess I just don't feel so comfortable seeing it, at least not as comfortable as I once thought I did.

1 person likes this.
  8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Give me two hot women kissing everyday and twice on Sundays. I just don't care for men making out in front of me. To answer your questing... Yes it's weird it's to me. :eek:

#8 Roc Paint, May 13, 2014
    Last edited: May 13, 2014
  9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

It's not supposed to, not anymore. Progress doesn't work if we're all still confiding in each other's intolerance.

1 person likes this.
  10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I hate when people use the "I'm not a fan of a guy and a girl kissing!" or any variation of that.

Nobody complains when a man and woman kiss on a tv show. Nobody complains when a draftee kisses his girlfriend. Nobody goes "ugh!" when they see a husband kiss his wife goodbye or a girl kiss her boyfriend when he picks her up at the airport.

And that nobody includes people who say "I don't want to see anyone doing it!" That's just an excuse because you don't want to say you don't think guys should kiss in public.

Now, of course I don't mean two people going at it like they are about to rip each other apart and make a baby right there. Surely people can be uncomfortable with that regardless of gender. But this new excuse where people want to pretend that they don't want to see ANYONE kissing, not just dudes, is so bogus it makes me sick.

2 people like this.
  11. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

It still weirds me out a bit - I know it shouldn't, but I can't help it.

12. conquistador#11

only if they asked me to join.

13. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

repped! wish there were more like you

14. justtxyank

Why shouldn't it? It weirds me out and I have no problem admitting that. I don't think they shouldn't be allowed to or anything, but it weirds me out. It's unnatural to me. I don't want to kiss a guy, I can't imagine wanting to kiss a guy and I have incredibly limited exposure socially and in media to guys kissing. So yes, seeing it is off putting. Just like any other "odd" behavior that is not socially "normal" or seen very often would be to me. That doesn't make it wrong, but our reactions to things aren't based (necessarily) on right and wrong, it's based on what we are comfortable with and our comfort level is largely based on our own desires and our own exposure.

Edit: It's only wrong if you are judging them, it's not wrong to have a natural reaction to something you are unfamiliar with.

3 people like this.
  15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The first time I saw it, I was. It's happened plenty around me since that first time, and I don't really think about it anymore.

1 person likes this.
  16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

That pretty much nailed it.

17. justtxyank

This is the key. For most people though they haven't been around it "plenty." Whether that's by choice or circumstance, who knows and really it's irrelevant. You see guys and girls kiss all the time, so much so that you probably don't even notice it now when two people kiss. You may not even consciously realize it has happened.

Think, did anyone at the last restaurant you were at kiss????? Maybe you know, more likely you don't. (This is general to everyone, not you.)

I honestly can't believe it when people say "I don't want to see anyone kiss! Keep that private!!!!" Just ridiculous.

18. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

It does; but I know it's me not them.

1 person likes this.
  19. justtxyank

The callers on the radio have been particularly infuriating. If you think being gay is wrong, just own it or keep quiet. You have the right to do either, but don't lie about it. The guys who called in recently that were just going nuts saying "Why they showing them kiss? That's not football! Draft is only about football! Don't need to see anyone kissing! That ain't football!" Or some version of that. Grow up.

Where is the outrage when ESPN shows a clip of the Suzy Kolber kiss???? WHY ARE THEY SHOWING THAT!!! THAT'S NOT FOOTBALL!!!!

20. Nook

Nook Member

There is a different between something being foreign and being disgusting. I think that most people will not care in 5-10 years. There are many gay couples with children and it has worked it's way into the suburbs. I think you will start to see it more and more. Personally the first time I ever saw two men kiss and mean it (I have seen two guys joking around do it), it personally didn't seem "wrong" or "unnatural", just foreign.

When I was a 16 year old Skoal dipping, Waylon listening a-hole, I used to say how gross I thought it was seeing homosexuals. Then I thought it wasn't fair that two adults could not do what they wanted, when they are not hurting anyone, only because people in passing find it gross or offensive. Over the course of a few years I became very accepting and honestly indifferent to the whole thing. I remember finding out my favorite high school teammate came out as gay, and he was scared I would judge him.... he has been with his husband now for a decade, adopted two children and is about as good a father, husband and man as I have ever met.

So, to people that still have a problem with it..... get over it, there are two many other offensive things in the world..... two dudes kissing should be at the bottom of the list.

2 people like this.