1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Trump Wins Again Chances of Removal from Office?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Close to Zero. And who knows what his 2nd term would be when he has no reelelction to achieve. Maybe he just hand it over to his daughter and sons.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. cml750

cml750 Member

The left has been inventing things out of thin air since before Trump even took office and has not been able to remove him yet. I doubt they will be any more successful when he wins reelection. Besides, after all the exploding heads when he wins in November the ranks of the left may be significantly diminished. :eek:o_O;)

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Blind fools are what give him a fighting chance.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I could see him ceding much of the decision making to Jared and Ivanka.. How many problems is Jared supposed to be solving now?

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

He Went to Jared this cycle. Next cycle, Must be Devoted, literally. He probably going to groom his favorite son with Jared as a sick kick.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump wins, best to leave the country.

RayRay10 and cml750 like this.
  7. cml750

cml750 Member

We will start gofundme account for you!! ;)

Os Trigonum and fchowd0311 like this.
  8. CCorn

CCorn Member

In trumps defense, in 6 months his fat ass may not be able to walk down the White House exit ramp safely.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

He has no path to victory at this point, so it’s kind of a moot point. But theoretically if he were to win, I’d put the odds at 50/50 of removal. He’s already committed a litany of impeachable offenses so it’s kind of a tossup if republicans are willing to play ball with him again. He would be a lame duck so there would be less incentive to tie their re-election campaigns with a pro-trump rhetoric

rocketsjudoka and RayRay10 like this.
  10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Please be my guest. I was hoping one of you would respond!

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

That would actually be awesome. I'm actually serious about moving to either Canada or Germany if Trump is reelected. If you start a go fund me that would be awesome and be a big help. Thanks.

cml750 likes this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I have no idea why Biden would negotiate that with Trump and if he does it's an abuse of power like what Barr is doing.

This makes no sense because he can't be trusted and how would it be enforced he can just get others to question the election results.

I really don't know what leaves quietly means or why it matters, will Fox news also sign off?

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I don’t think Biden would want to see the country torn apart and the spectacle of Trump clinging onto the office while he calls for his supporters to take up arms. Something that he has hinted at during his rallies.
    If Trump agrees he lost and works for a smooth transition like every other outgoing President would be leaving peacefully. I doubt Fox News would give a counter message if Trump himself accepts the results.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why do we except Biden interfering with the DOJ and not Trump.

The people that would take arms will do it anyway and nothing Trump does will affect that.

Fox business model is based on sticking it to the Dems, what else are Hannity and Tucker gonna talk about their entire shows are based on riling up republicans.

How do you think it will go over if it came out that Biden did a deal with Trump, he would have calls for his impeachment, don't see any upside by doing this?

Why would we let a minority of people hold the gov hostage?

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Someone start one for me no matter who wins .... Costa Rica would be ideal.

16. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

There are historical precedents. A lot of people weren't happy about Ford pardoning Nixon but he did it and Carter even praised Ford for doing that. The 1876 election was where the winner also lost the popular vote was resolved by a deal that ended Reconstruction. Al Gore accepted the Bush v Gore decision even though he had won the popular vote, there still were some other legal options and many were still protesting in the street. He could've just said we contest other states and that people should keep on protesting. Instead he called for calm and worked with GW Bush on a smooth transition.

By the time we get to the end of this year it may be very possible that the US populace will just want to see Trump out of office as soon as possible and to move on. The spectre of Trump continuing to drag things out won't help the country and especially not him calling out his supporters to take up arms and defend him. For that matter the spectre of Trump post presidency under trial might also means he calls for supporters to come out and take up arms. A president Biden will not want to deal with any of that and very likely most of the America wouldn't either. Just letting Trump leave and retire quietly in Mar A Lago while the rest of the country moves on might be very appealing.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I can agree with this but you have yet to address why it would be ok to have Biden affecting the process of the DOJ?

It's not always about what is easier but about what is right, do you want to set a precedent that as long as a president leaves easy they can get away with anything?

I also think you are imbuing Trump with too much power it's much easier to attend a rally than to take up arms and the people that would will be upset either way.

RayRay10 likes this.