1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Morey Can't Get Gogi..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Feb 8, 2015.

?

Who would you want Morey to go after if Dragic won't be available?

1. Ty Lawson

181 vote(s)
    85.4%
  2. Reggie Jackson

31 vote(s)
    14.6%
  1. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

We all want Goran Dragic at the trade deadline but unfortunately, the Suns have done quite well so far this season. If the Dragon won't be available, i see 2 other really good point guards being dealt in the next couple of weeks that would be perfect for our team..

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Better be careful giving up on Canaan and sending him to another team. Dude is bound to blow up...

1 person likes this.
  3. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Although I don't think Ty Lawson is on the trading block, he is so much better than Reggie Jackson that I'm not even sure how this is a conversation.

1 person likes this.
  5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

No one seems to know if Denver has no one on the table, everyone on the table or just some of them

Which i suppose is well played by Denver

6. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

Dante exam hates Utah and wants out

Maybe even Jarrett jack or the guy who starts in front of him

7. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I don't think either are any more attainable than Dragic. I find it hard to believe that OKC will trade another RFA to us, and Lawson would probably require all of our top trade assets plus some.

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

jarret jack could be the guy. he's been starting for the nets which hurts dwill's trade value. trading him would force hollins to start dwill which would then help them trade his large contract this summer.

9. basketballholic

I don't want either of those guys if we have to give up the Pels pick. I would trade the Pels pick for Dragic or Rubio but not Lawson nor RJackson. If we can't get Dragic or Rubio then we should find a cheapie playmaker PG (like Prigioni) or we should try to get a playmaker at the SF spot. OR better yet, simply plug Canaan in at PG and give him the basketball to play with the band of brothers.

10. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

either one will work

11. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Jarrett Jack is an interesting name. He is obviously an upgrade at the one for us and has some playmaking skills, though most of it is for himself.

Hell, Jared Bayless was pretty solid the other night for the Bucks.

Still would love Knight though. Wasn't there a rumor/report that the Bucks were worried he might leave?

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, he's got D league MVP written all over him.

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Morey has something up his sleeve Da_spark .

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

These threads have to stop, they're cluttering CF's more then the Lin threads.

15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I'd rather have Lawson then Dragic

Reggie Jackson is massively overrated on this board

16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i think we have to get ready to accept that we probably wont land an all star PG at the deadline. names like jarret jack, george hill, cj watson, jameer nelson, mario chalmers, and mo williams are upgrades over having jason terry run the point (he's more of a 2) off the bench. they're also more attainable that guys like dragic, lawson, rubio, and knight.

17. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

If Morey can't get Dragic I see him making a smaller move. I could see Morey interested in someone like Mo Williams who will require maybe a 2nd rounder. Cavs are throwing around first rounders like nothin so they may be stupid enough to do that for Mo. Someone like Rodney Stuckey comes to mind... I don't see Morey getting caught up having to pay someone multiple years if it's not the guy he wants so look for the guys with expiring contracts. I really like Lawson but I think Denver only lets Afflalo and Chandler go.

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Perhaps asking prices are a wee skewed? 1st for AA with no assurance of resigning the gent?

Lawson may be Ty-ed to a far superior demand by the Rams' ownership, er Nugs'...

19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

The fact that you would trade the Pelicans pick for Rubio and not Lawson is laughable IMO. But hey thats why it's your opinion and not mine.

20. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Wth? Why would anyone question trading a mid first rounder for a border-line allstar like Lawson.

1 person likes this.