1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If McHale is allowed to come back next year.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roxallways, May 3, 2014.

1. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

The organization doesn't deserve one fan in the stands. Not one. The guy is a ****ing idiot and the team took on his idiocy in so many ways this year. You have slow footed Parsons on big shot Lillard at the end of the game? People were saying why they didn't foul, well Parsons is too ****ing slow to catch Lillard to foul! So ****ing pissed! :mad::mad::mad:

2. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

I don't get why people are so sure McHale is getting fired.. I mean look at Gary Kubiak.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

McHale fails at the front office, and he fails as the head coach.
    He's just dumb. Proves you don't have to be a smart guy to be a good player in this league.

4. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

If we don't fire him, we must riot

5. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

To be honest, I've been having a bad feeling he's not going to get fired actually :mad:.

6. filamswag

filamswag Rookie

nope we just need a better assistant coach

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

you would rather have an assistant do all the planning just to keep mchale? for what? why not have a head coach who can strategize?

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

They'll just hire him a new "defensive coordinator".

9. Raven

Raven Member

A bigger question is why was he ever hired in the first place? The answer to that question will explain a lot about what's standing between the Rockets and their third championship.

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

he was roasted on national tv...he will not make it...

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

because Dwight loves him?

McHale has a very negative rating right about now, but he isn't going anywhere if Dwight wants him to stick around

12. perfectweapons

I think McHale was hired as a stopgap after Adleman left. I don't think Morey expected Harden to fall in his lap and then sign Howard. We had just missed out on every free agent that was out there. Now its time to reassign McHale and bring in a serious coach like Stan Van or Lionel Hollins.

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Someone start a petition to ban McHale!

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yeah, and that worked out great for the Texans, didn't it? Morey and Les have a cautionary tale staring them right in the face just a few miles down the road.

15. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly, Morey has some explaining to do with this hire. You never hire a bad coach under any circumstances, even if your plan is rebuilding. He's been horrible and the team has collapsed all three of his years here.

16. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Its been decided that McHale is coming back, and after approx. a day of letting this weekend's events sink in, I can't remember in my years of being a Rocket's fan (since the mid 80s) being more disappointed in the organization. I feel the team is close with the right moves AND the right coach, but the organization is willing to waste/gamble at least one more year with an incompetent coach. This is looking too much like the Texans situation when then held on to Kubiak too long and had to completely collapse a couple of years later to finally get rid of him. It's becoming harder and harder for me to be too emotionally invested in these Houston teams.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Worst than Ronald Sterling!

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm gonna watch the team next year a lot less and I'm certainly gonna be far less emotionally invested. Right now, I fully expect another first round defeat, so at least my expectations are low which means less of a likelihood for a letdown.

I agree though that it's a travesty for Morey to waste another year like this. I was thinking about it yesterday how slim these windows can be to win a title. Looking back at Yao and T-Mac, the Rockets honestly only had 2 years with those two guys both healthy. 2005, their first year together. And 2007, and even that deserves an asterisk since Yao missed a couple months with that leg injury. 2006 everyone got hurt and we wound up in the lottery. 2008, Yao went down 2/3 of the way through the season. And 2009, T-Mac got hurt.

Think about that. Only 2 years we had a shot with the T-Mac/Yao duo. Who knows how much time we really have with Howard and Harden and we've already wasted one year. And now we're about to waste another?

19. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I won't support them next year. what a waste

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ughh….msgs received in the past 2min from a friend who's a miami cHeat fan: