1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Les Alexander and Mark Cuban switched teams, would the Rockets be better?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 18, 2015.

?

Who would be a better owner for the Rockets?

1. Les Alexander

267 vote(s)
    52.7%
  2. Mark Cuban

209 vote(s)
    41.2%
  3. Equal

31 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Nah, it ain't blind. It's well supported by my in depth analysis vs your grade A turd bomb.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you think Les Alexander is the BEST OWNER in the NBA?

Yes or No.

3. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Ok. So you and some people don't like it. Doesn't make Les inferior to Cuban. Subjectivity is what the L leans on when times get tough.

4. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Honestly, I wouldn't know. I'm sure there may be better ones, but Cuban ain't one of them.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

I don't what you are replying to. The picture shows that the Rockets current logo is basically a cheap rip off of a popular PC game at the time.

Where do you think the Rockets are in jersey sales? most people buy jerseys for fashion reasons.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

Why is Cuban a bad owner? Did you know that Mavericks were the laughing stock of the NBA before he came?

Also, look at the date on when I made this thread.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Name me 2 owners better than Les.

Then tell me if you would swap them for Les.

8. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Dude, who gives an eff about jerseys? Who's in the playoffs challenging a talented Spurs squad and in talks of potentially defeating GSW? Rox, that's who.

Cuban didn't do much. Tell me what YOU think he did to earn a spot above Les that isn't some personal gripe. You can read all my past argumentation. Solid as the rocks I got down here for ya ;)

I'm not gonna even answer your third Q because I'm gonna try to be the only one whose staying on point here.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Why don't you go around wearing a giant dildo on your shirt if you don't care about jerseys or logos.

Oh wait. Les had the Rockets wear a giant Dildo on the logo.

[​IMG]

You're so off point and full of blind love for Les that you might be his grandson.

Would you even know who the FORMER ROCKETS OWNER was before I told you?

Do you even know who the FORMER MAVERICKS OWNER was??

10. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

I don't care about anything except today and tomorrow. Leave past in the past. It's done, and you can only move forward. I don't care about jerseys half as much as I care about the players wearing them.

You should rename yourself Scarecrow cuz you need to be wishing for a brain.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

1. You didn't remember or were old enough to remember the Mavericks before Cuban. They were the laughing stock of the NBA, no fans, bad team.

2., Cuban bought the team from Ross Perot Jr, the former owner for $285 million in 2000

3. He changed the culture of the team / company cause that's what CEO/Owners Do

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nba/dallas-mavericks/article5390883.html

“Mark, when he bought the team, obviously completely changed the culture of the Mavs,” said Nowitzki, who is in his 17th season with the Mavs. “He bought us a new plane, he got us a new arena, we started staying in nice hotels, we started to have food after games and after practices, and he just put Dallas basketball back on the map.

“The ’90s was a tough time for basketball in Dallas, and Mark came in, he created some excitement back for basketball for the Mavericks, and I owe him a lot. He’s been great to me, he’s been loyal, he’s been supportive of me from Day One.”

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nba/dallas-mavericks/article5390883.html#storylink=cpy

12. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Haha are you mad? Please refer to my valuation analysis arguments with Sweet Lou 4 2. That negates all three of your claims.

They may be worth more than back then, bbut they did it inefficiently. And Cubes has not drafted or signed a single player that helped them cradle a 'ship.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

So you don't buy Rockets merchandise, I get it.
    When you go to watch the Rockets, you don't wear Rockets gear. I get it.

People care about the past cause that's what shapes the present and the future.

Unless you think Les Alexander is an immortal, let me know. I think there will be a new owner in the future.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

They won a championship more recently than we did.
    We haven't won anything since 1995,

how old were you then? were you alive?

15. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Past is for evaluation, yes. But it's not for fixation to prove your personal vendetta against someone. Dude, progress yourself.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

You care more about the owner than the players

If you want I'll buy you a custom t-shirt with Les Alexander's face as the logo. I have money.

Wear it.

17. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

So? We have one more than they do. They also had a complete meltdown. Also, none of it had to do with Cuban's player personnel choices. Dirk was drafted while the Perot leadership was still in. Next please.

18. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Nah thanks, sweetheart

19. tinman

Supporting Member

I told you I have no personal vendetta against Les.

I benefit from Les. I work for a large corporation.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/toyota-center-how-suite-it-is.196447/

20. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

It is quite clear that you do as that's been the bulk of your argumentation. And good for you on the large corp thing. Just means you give someone else the lion's share of your economic production. Smart. Work hard so someone else can sit on their fat azz and enjoy the fruits of your labor.