1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Les Alexander and Mark Cuban switched teams, would the Rockets be better?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 18, 2015.

?

Who would be a better owner for the Rockets?

1. Les Alexander

267 vote(s)
    52.7%
  2. Mark Cuban

209 vote(s)
    41.2%
  3. Equal

31 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Cuban let Nash go for nothing and he got 2 MVPs. Forgot about that one.

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Damn, Ralph looks like an alien there.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are dodging logic pal.

getting a championship is being dealt a pair of aces

Your logic is flawed and you know this

4. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Another excellent point

5. tinman

Supporting Member

The les Alexander fan club can slap themselves on the butt all they want, doesn't make a large portion of rockets fans believe your point cause they know the truth.

6. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

SMH at the poll, Mark Cuban is an arrogant pr**k who has made many mistakes as an owner.

He may be a great business man but he is an idiot as an owner.

7. dc rock

Now you're desperate. You know I've dodged nothing. I didn't leave out facts to start this, dear friend. You did. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, however. You probably forgot that Finley and Nash were there, along with Dirk. The fact that Cuban had his Big 3 in place before buying the team has all but destroyed your argument.

My only concern now is that many voters were not provided all of this deeply relevant information before casting their electronic ballot. I fear many now have regrets about their decision and that is unfortunate.

1 person likes this.
  8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I wonder how good the Mavs would have been if Dirk had **** knees like the Rockets' superstars.

1 person likes this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm desperate? Sorry pal. Your analytics are wrong.
    les Alexander inherited a team that won two championships and then suddenly has a bad reputation for how they treat their players and coaches. The happiest les was was when he got yao ming and all the china money. Not when we won two titles.
    why do you think he changed the uniforms?
    Did the bulls change the uniforms when they won?

10. tinman

Supporting Member

Hakeem didn't have bad knees

11. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Would you trade Les Alexander and Daryl Morey for Mark Cuban? That's a much more interesting question (though I guess implied). I'll take Alexander so long as Morey is the GM.

How long will it be until the Mavericks acquire a player the caliber of Harden?

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What about giving someone like Steve Ballmer a chance... He is a good motivator

13. dc rock

I wish there were an off-button for injuries. A guy like Yao deserved better. He also deserved his healthy seasons, like 2004-2005, to end fairly. Not by underhanded off-the-court tactics. When thinking about Cuban, one must also remember his despicable actions:

http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/bas...cated-yao-ming-comments-2005-article-1.297387

14. Mr. Clutch

He's good if he's smart enough to fire Doc Rivers.

15. dc rock

Absolutely shameful... Just because the vote is now tightening, you're resorting to deception!? Being generous, I will once again give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you mispoke, but you must correct yourself. Mr. Alexander was at the helm for both championships and he had a significant impact on the second, bringing in Clyde Drexler.

Let's have this debate the right way. The people of this wonderful site deserve that.

#95 dc rock, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Well... yeah I definitely recalled the Nash/Finley thing wrong (they weren't quite a big 3/MVP off the bat, Finley was the only one to make the all star team in 2000) but obviously that's a great team to grow from, however, the one thing I know I'm not recalling wrong is how the Rockets handled Hakeem in the end. That was some bull****, and as much as I don't like Cuban, it looks like he's going to keep Dirk till he retires. Les should have just kept Hakeem, it's not like it mattered anyway, houston won 1 playoff series since Hakeem, it's almost like a curse (I'm not superstitious but Wth, Rockets went from winning to **** in the post season).

I mean for the team to make the finals 2x in the 80s, 2x in the 90s (and win), to **** so far in the 00s and 10s has me concerned.

I'd like to see the total playoff win total between Cuban vs Les, even with Les having a few extra years, Cuban has continued to have decent showings in the playoffs, hell he even went through SAS a few times. The Rockets might win against the Spurs in the regular season but I'd doubt they could do it in the playoffs. I mean I know Les' comments were taken out of context about playoff success not mattering, but it has been so long I'm starting to forget what it's like to not be forced to watch other fans teams in the post season.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

Hakeem was not deception. He was the dream.

You are happy that les might close in to 50%.
    You think other fans would want les to own their team?

18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yes, I remember this, but don't worry Cuban/Mavs got screwed too in the 06 finals. Tim even came out about it as well. Basically how it was fixed.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Some people here can't separate mark Cuban the personality from the owner.
    The owner completely changed the culture of the worst club in the league.
    People want to play for cuban and the mavericks.

The main attraction for the rockets was hakeem , people wanted to play with him.

Why did ron artest only stay one year? We didn't land bosh?

20. Mr. Clutch

Mavs didn't land Bosh either.

Or any other superstar except for Chandler Parsons.