1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Les Alexander and Mark Cuban switched teams, would the Rockets be better?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 18, 2015.

?

Who would be a better owner for the Rockets?

1. Les Alexander

267 vote(s)
    52.7%
  2. Mark Cuban

209 vote(s)
    41.2%
  3. Equal

31 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Cuban pays a crapload of tax. I think Les has only paid once?

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The irony of Les Alexander is that the last time the Rockets made the Western Conference Finals were with the Rocket's biggest fan on TV,,, Charles Barkley

3. tinman

Supporting Member

Do you think if Cuban was the Rockets owner that the Rockets would be better or worse?

Will we have former players go on TV saying we owe him $5 million dollars?

4. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

I thought this was about owners.
    Let wasn't willing to pay the luxury tax if the team wasn't going to make it to the playoffs, so yeah it stunk that we dumped salary at the trade deadline rather than making a splash. I think Morey has done a good job rebuilding the team from the core of broken down Yao and T-Mac.
    Les has been willing in the past few years to pay the luxury tax. He won't overpay, Cuban wouldn't pay Nash who went on to win back to back MVP awards.
    They were competitive, but all of that got them is one title. I can't blame the Rockets for Yao and T-Mac getting hurt.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

When Cuban first got the Mavericks, did he seriously send his reps to Louisville to see if relocation to another city was in their best interest?

6. tinman

Supporting Member

This is more than Yao and T-mac, expand your history of the Rockets a little.

7. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

Did the city refuse to build him a new arena

8. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

Carol Dawson should have never been the GM. I know that much. Yeah, Barkley took a pay cut for Pippen. Whose choice was that.

9. photojoe

photojoe Member

This thread is absolutely disgusting.

Mark Cuban? Are you serious?

Mark Cuban inherited a team with Dirk Nowitzki. As much as I have always disliked Nowitzki, he has been one of the great players on the past decade. They won a championship because he played out of his mind during the playoffs that year. The Mavericks have been consistently good because of Nowitzki, not Cuban. The Mavs have made numerous stupid moves. Cuban was such a hypocrite by saying that the Rockets treated their players like assets while the Mavs valued chemistry- even though they were the ones that dismantled dismantled their championship team to try to chase stars. They whiffed on Deron Williams. They whiffed on Dwight Howard. They whiffed on Carmelo. After all of that, they ended up overpaying to get Parsons. The only reason that isn't a colossal mistake is, once again, because Nowitzki was willing to take a massive paycut to let the Mavs stay competitive.

All in all, I don't think the owner really has that much of an impact over how good a team is. But still, Mark Cuban is one of my least favorite people in all of sports. It would be disgusting if he owned the Rockets. I am so sick of his hypocrisy and his douche-baggery. Is that a word? I'm not sure. But it describes Mark Cuban.

1 person likes this.
  10. clos4life

clos4life Member

Les is a good owner but Mark is better. That being said, Mark wouldn't have been able to get out of Morey's way and would have screwed up his deals.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Les Alexander inherited a team with HAKEEM OLAJUWON
    THE YEAR HE WON THE DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF YEAR, MVP, AND FINALS MVP

[​IMG]

12. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

You disappoint me tinman. This some staight up Hulk Hogan Bash at the Beach ****.

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This thread is such a ****ty move. Hate Les all you want just please for the love of god never mention Cuban unless it's to say "**** You Cuban!!" or "Mark Cuban's a dick!!".

1 person likes this.
  14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, hmm... But Cuban wasn't handed a winning team. Look at the Rockets playoff success since those first 2 years and 97... Been pretty stagnant for the Rockets. Sure analyst stuff sounds great and we have a thrifty owner but the Rockets haven't done anything in the playoffs unfortunately to back any of this talk up. Prior to Cuban owning the Mavs they hadn't done much, Les was basically handed a ****ing championship.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

the thinking members of clutchfans have spoken. Cuban is far ahead of Les.

This is like if Clutchfans wanted Kobe for McGrady, any Clutchfan with a brain would pick Kobe

Let's not even discuss coaching.. ok how about let's discuss coaching?

would you trade McHale for Rick Carlise?

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Oh, I see.

You want to cheer for the Mavericks.

The doors right there.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

r
    you deserve another reply for you baffoonery. I already pointed out that Les inherited HAKEEM OLAJUWON IN HIS PRIME.

What do you think if the owner of the Rockets was the dude who owns the Spurs?

We'd have like 15 championships and our uniforms would still be Red and Yellow.

#37 tinman, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  18. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Good point. The season after winning their first, Les made a bold decision that likely saved the season.

[youtube]yo4PY_FVK7A[/youtube]

That's how you defend your championship. Les is the only TX NBA owner to do it.

[​IMG]

19. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

I liked Cuban when he first bought the Mavs. They had been in purgatory since the 80's and Ross Perot or whoever never spent the money they should have for that team. Don Nelson was able to put a good team together by flipping assets that got them into the playoffs. He spent more money and not a whole lot to show for it.
    So what if Les inherited a championship caliber team. Steve Patterson put that together, not Les not Charlie.
    Maybe you should ask if the Maloofs were better owners since they owned the team for the 81 NBA finals.

20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Tinman is right though, I don't like Cuban or something, but Wtf has Les done??? If it weren't for Olajuwon Houston wouldn't have anything.

For example, if Les owned the team in 84 he'd probably have drafted Sam Bowie.... ROFL, hey look on the bright side, Hakeem would have reunited with Clyde a lot sooner. Haha.